Significant itinerary change

perlgirlnj

While on board the Journey last summer, we put a deposit down on a Black Sea cruise for July 2016. Yes, we knew it was a hot spot and at risk to not go through but we thought there was a lot of time for things to work out.

Out of curiosity today, I looked up the sailing and the entire itinerary had changed. It's no longer in the Black Sea at all; it's a stretched out Greek Islands cruise. (Overnight at Kos? Seriously?) The website is seriously screwed up since the description and map show the old schedule but the itinerary is clearly something else and the title has changed from Black Sea to Aegean Sea.

My question is: When were they going to tell me that what I'd bought was gone and they were going to give me something else entirely? And what are my options for canceling out with no penalty?

I think given the situation in the Ukraine & Russia, there's no chance that the cruise is going to the Black Sea. I'm just amazed that we weren't informed of a significant change in itinerary--there's not one port that's the same except for embarkation. It's an entirely different trip. Don't they have an obligation to let us know?

I think given the situation in the Ukraine & Russia, there's no chance that the cruise is going to the Black Sea. I'm just amazed that we weren't informed of a significant change in itinerary--there's not one port that's the same except for embarkation. It's an entirely different trip. Don't they have an obligation to let us know?

We booked months ahead for Gems Of Indonesia with Celebrity, same company.

We were told at embarkation in Singapore there would be no stops in Indonesia. Half our itinerary was gone. Instaed we went to Vietnam and Bangkok and had an extra sea day. Some people only found out on entry to their cabin where there was a sheet detailing the new ports of call.

I think anyone who books a Black Sea cruise (or actually even a Baltic cruise now) needs to expect a change. Things will not work out soon there.

Perhaps things are different now, but there were no changes to our June-July Baltic cruise this past summer.

Yes, for safety sake we have changed the itineraries on these three 2016 voyages that did include the Black Sea ports.

The notifications to agents were sent out on January 13. If you booked through Travel Professional, even if you booked on-board, it is your TP's responsibility to notify you of the changes. We will not by-pass your Travel Professional.

If you booked directly with us, the calls and emails have already gone out to notify you of the changes on these three voyages. If you've not heard from us, please be sure we have your correct, and current, phone numbers and email addresses.

Bonnie