Quirigua Archaeological Site

Wendy The Wanderer

Hi, I'm wondering if anybody would care to comment on the scope and interest of the Quirigua site, compared to Lamanai in Belize or other Mayan sites like Kohunlich and Chaccoben. Lots of info here about tours, but not much info about the actual quality of the ruins. I've only seen Lamanai, and it was very impressive.

• 4 weeks later...

Been to Quiriqua twice with Happy Fish Travel and had a wonderful time. Both time we were either the only ones or with another couple. We stoped at the banana plantation just before entering the site. We also toured the town on the way back sampling the differences between the type of bananas that the locals eat compared to the ones shipped to the US. Also on the way back we stopped at a street side stand to sample some of the best pineapples you will ever taste.

We've been to Uxmal, San Gervasio, Tulum, Coba, Lamanai, Xunantunich and Chaccobean ruins. What we have here are Stellas which are telling the history vice larger cities. This site is very different. You can see pictures from our other visited sites off my root Travel directory.

We arrived back in plenty of time to shop around the building before getting back on the ship for the fantastic sail-away. He is a sample of pics:

http://wdowns9.smugmug.com/Travel/Quirigua-kitty-gua/3435575_4UBEM#192694388_Gq7hE

• 6 years later...