Las Escobas Water falls

amybnee

Has anyone ever traveled via taxi (or rental car) to this site? According to my research, it is only 12 miles from Port and charges only $8 admission. I'd rather save the $79pp (x my family of 4), if I can help it.

Rental car companies or taxi advice appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone ever traveled via taxi (or rental car) to this site? According to my research, it is only 12 miles from Port and charges only $8 admission. I'd rather save the $79pp (x my family of 4), if I can help it.

Rental car companies or taxi advice appreciated!

We booked this from ship. I have read that this is a very poor area and caution should be taken. Understandable that with the number of people in your party you would want to save $$$.

Be advised that some taxi drivers will take you to stops along the way and encourage you to buy things before or after you reach your destination. Please take this in consideration when you get into a cab.

Wish I could be of more help. Just wanted to give you the info that has been passed on to me.

Take care..

Hope you and your family have a great time.

GGBOXERS

• 2 months later...
We booked this from ship. I have read that this is a very poor area and caution should be taken. Understandable that with the number of people in your party you would want to save $$$.

Be advised that some taxi drivers will take you to stops along the way and encourage you to buy things before or after you reach your destination. Please take this in consideration when you get into a cab.

Wish I could be of more help. Just wanted to give you the info that has been passed on to me.

Take care..

Hope you and your family have a great time.

GGBOXERS

GGBOXERS /anyone who's been to Las Escobas Springs/Waterfall, can you comment on the tour, pls.(ship's tour or private), just want to hear how it was, pls., e.g., how's the 'hike' to get there, mosquitos, or other 'bugs' - was the water at the springs clean? warm/cold?

appreciate hearing from anyone who's been there -- thank you.

Edited by theampres
add