Horizon - bomb scare?

les37b

My wife just read out a report that construction was halted and the yard evacuated after a device with wires sicking out was found.

I've just had a quick search of the board and google search to see anything reported but come up with nothing.

Has anyone heard of such an incidents or is this a poor example of fake news reporting? (It was on facebook apparently - an app I refuse to use.)

^ Lol you guys.

The article mentioned that this is the second incident in a few months. It seems like security should be increased if these incidents are becoming more frequent. In the event that something does happen not only will thousands of people be injured or killed; but imagine the financial risk the shipyard is taking since they are the "owners" of the vessel until it is handed over to the cruise line after completion. Not to mention the fact that the cruise lines will have to adjust their deployment plans to accommodate such an event.

The device in question looks remarkably like what we have produced onboard many ships for use in security drills. These types of security threats have been going on for decades, they just get much more press, not to mention the availability of social media, these days, and given the history of labor unrest at Fincantieri and Italy in general, this kind of thing really doesn't surprise me. This just places more cost on the shipyard, for the delay in work on this ship, and the possibility of security screening at employee entrances, and I'm sure the unions will require that security be after punching in, so that more time on the clock is wasted standing in screening lines.