Trolley Tour

Peachypooh

• 5 months later...

I am going to answer my own question for those who are interested. It was an open air trolley that made a big circle through town. The tour guide gave an interesting narrative about history, what daily life is like, currency, politics, etc. You do not get off the trolley. Local people set up shop in a large building by the ship with the tourist offerings like handicrafts, native music and dancing, I think some food as the town is really not set up for cruise ships. The people are warm and friendly and the children well cared for despite living in what most people in the USA would consider squalor. To me it drove home the fact that it is the things money can't buy that make people happy.

I am going to answer my own question for those who are interested. It was an open air trolley that made a big circle through town. The tour guide gave an interesting narrative about history, what daily life is like, currency, politics, etc. You do not get off the trolley. Local people set up shop in a large building by the ship with the tourist offerings like handicrafts, native music and dancing, I think some food as the town is really not set up for cruise ships. The people are warm and friendly and the children well cared for despite living in what most people in the USA would consider squalor. To me it drove home the fact that it is the things money can't buy that make people happy.

Hi, thank you, does the Trolley drive to Puerta Barios as part of the tour?

You're welcome. I did see a road sign during the tour that indicated the way to Puerto Barrios and since it is only 2.5 miles from Santo Tomas we might have. However I apologize that I really don't know if we drove through there.Our tour guide did not mention it. We definitely did not stop and get out anywhere. I think we mainly drove through the port area, through the old part of town and then down the newly constructed road with American type amenities like McDonalds.

You're welcome. I did see a road sign during the tour that indicated the way to Puerto Barrios and since it is only 2.5 miles from Santo Tomas we might have. However I apologize that I really don't know if we drove through there.Our tour guide did not mention it. We definitely did not stop and get out anywhere. I think we mainly drove through the port area, through the old part of town and then down the newly constructed road with American type amenities like McDonalds.

Thank you again.