Freedom or Valor 2017

Sdot

Hello,

My wife and I are planning on going on a cruise for our anniversary in September. We want to save money and depart from Galveston since we live in houston. Which ship is better the freedom or valor? I did some research however the threads were from 2012. I know both ships have had updates since then.

Btw we are in our late 20s if that makes a difference.

Also freedom is a 7 day cruise while valor is 5 days. Is 7 days too many for first time?

Thanks!!

Our first cruise was 5 days & we did not feel it was long enough. It just seemed like about the time we learned the ship well, it was time to go home. And that was on Jubilee, which was not very big by today's standards. I've been on both Freedom & Valor, but Freedom most recently & I like it. Staff has always been good. Breeze also is out of Galveston & has a little different offerings with the ropes course & additional slide. It is a larger ship than Freedom or Valor. Freedom & Valor have the same deck plan, so navigating them is the same.

Do the Freedom! Seven days is so much better than five. I have done both itineraries, and the price isn't really all that different.

Valor 5 day is the same as the Liberty was last year, when we did it. I have trip reports and you can see both.

robin

I would normally say seven is always the better of the two. However since this is your first cruise i would hate for you to be on day three or four and not like it for one reason or another and be stuck with more days ( sea sick ) I think i would pick the shorter one ( Valor ) and if you like it go longer next time.

We did a 5 day cruise ( on Ecstacy) the first time because we had no idea what to expect or if we would like it. We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it and have been hooked ever since! Go with your gut.

Best wishes!🛳

What ports are they visiting? That may help decide some have beaches to walk to and some need tendering that usually factors in for us.

Also cost per person per night. Don't compare just the total cost, use the per night cost to do cost comparisons.

What ports are they visiting? That may help decide some have beaches to walk to and some need tendering that usually factors in for us.

Also cost per person per night. Don't compare just the total cost, use the per night cost to do cost comparisons.

I agree with this. I'm also curious about the ports? Was the Breeze not an option?