Caribe premium vs reg balcony

aac1623

Hi, this is our first cruise (I sailed twice as a teen) and we are booking on the emerald princess for next august. I know Caribe balconies are larger, but antine know the difference between the premium balconies and the regular balcony rooms? They look the same size on the deck plan and couldn't get an answer from the agent on chat with their website, other then the basic of what the room description is. Also, any advice on which rooms on Caribe deck to book is much appreciated too! I get nervous around edges of ships but want the ability to be on the balcony so the Caribe deck seemed perfect!! TIA

Hi, this is our first cruise (I sailed twice as a teen) and we are booking on the emerald princess for next august. I know Caribe balconies are larger, but antine know the difference between the premium balconies and the regular balcony rooms? They look the same size on the deck plan and couldn't get an answer from the agent on chat with their website, other then the basic of what the room description is. Also, any advice on which rooms on Caribe deck to book is much appreciated too! I get nervous around edges of ships but want the ability to be on the balcony so the Caribe deck seemed perfect!! TIA

The room is the same as a regular balcony room.

The edge overlooks the Dolphin deck mini suite balconies not the water.

We usually choose cabins in the 700's.

We are doing the Panama cruise in March 2018 on the Island princess and have reserved Deck10 Caribe 707mini suite. I notice there are still available cabins, is that because of vibration and it is not a good area to be in???? Any comments gratefully accepted Thanks

We are doing the Panama cruise in March 2018 on the Island princess and have reserved Deck10 Caribe 707mini suite. I notice there are still available cabins, is that because of vibration and it is not a good area to be in???? Any comments gratefully accepted Thanks

IMO, it's a great location, despite that you might feel some vibration from the side thrusters during docking and undocking.

However, I like cabins in the 700s because it's usually a low traffic area, making it quieter in general. Also it's closer to the aft elevators and stairs for getting up to the Horizon Court and the open decks.

SUPER. thanks for the fast reply! Appreciate your thoughts, i think i am just worried cos there are stil a lot of cabins available in that area. I did read there was a lot of vibration but i like the mini suites! not many others available anywhere on that cruise! Cheers

IMO, it's a great location, despite that you might feel some vibration from the side thrusters during docking and undocking.

However, I like cabins in the 700s because it's usually a low traffic area, making it quieter in general. Also it's closer to the aft elevators and stairs for getting up to the Horizon Court and the open decks.

On the Emerald Princess all balcony Cat. cabins have the same interiors. The word "premium" only has to do with location. It has nothing to do with the size or layout of the interiors nor with the amenities provided. Cabins on deck 10 have 9' x 9' balconies which have 5' of cover from the deck above. There are two balcony chairs with foot stools plus a table. On other decks balcony cat. cabins have 9' x 5' balconies that are fully covered. On the Emerald and other Grand Class ships we normally book the cat. BD on deck 10, Caribe deck aft.

While I mention that all balcony cabins have the same interiors there are some specific differences. Search the deck plans on the Princess web site. Some cabins have 3rd and 4th berths that pull down from the ceiling. Some are connecting cabins. Find these by checking the connecting cabin box on the deck plans. A few cabins have special note in red when you click on them. Hope this answers your questions.

Sounds familiar - when we took our first cruise I had similar concerns as the OP. The Carib deck cabin was perfect for us because of the large, partially covered balcony and the barrier of dolphin deck balconies between us and the water. We selected a location near mid-ship (404 I think) because I was uncertain how the ship's motion would work for me and wanted a stable location. Many cruises later we now go with the dolphin deck mini-suites because I love being able to look down into the water and the added space with a mini (though I still prefer mid to slightly forward locations.)