How's the coffee on PG?

kellig

I tried doing a search for info about the Coffee on the PG on this forum, but didn't find much. My husband is a coffee aficionado (home roaster), and wants to know how the coffee is on the ship? I saw one post say they didn't have a coffee station 24 hrs, but my husband would probably prefer a fresh cup anyway. Do they have an espresso machine on board, perhaps at one of the bars? Is that an included beverage? Any other information any of you may have about the coffee would be great too! Thanks.

I tried doing a search for info about the Coffee on the PG on this forum, but didn't find much. My husband is a coffee aficionado (home roaster), and wants to know how the coffee is on the ship? I saw one post say they didn't have a coffee station 24 hrs, but my husband would probably prefer a fresh cup anyway. Do they have an espresso machine on board, perhaps at one of the bars? Is that an included beverage? Any other information any of you may have about the coffee would be great too! Thanks.

Coffee was just fine, strong ...

They have an espresso machine at the bars as well as La Veranda in the morning for breakfast coffee.

No charge for coffee/espresso any time of day ...

All cruise lines use coffee syrup which is not the best tasting. I always ask for a latte or cappuccino when in the dining room. You can also get prior to breakfast in La Palette bar on deck 8 in the early morning. These espresso drinks are also available at the bar on deck 8 (pool area).

I love coffee and find having espresso drinks satisfies my needs.

Enjoy your coffee and your cruise.

Agree on the coffee. Pretty bad.

You can get espresso or latte at room service or during meals or in la palette.

Room service coffee was the worst but didn't mind the coffee at La Veranda at brekkie.

I will say my better half brings along her own grind of preference along with a French press. I find the coffee strong but fine, my BH has a different palette so it's either her brand made in the room or espresso/latte from the ship.

Thanks! He usually travels with a travel size electric kettle for hot water, his own beans, and a hand grinder so that it's also fresh ground. I think it's a bit excessive, but not for him. Did she bring a kettle or ask for hot water from the bar/restaurant? We were wondering if the kettles were a banned item.

Thanks again for all the guidance everyone!

Thanks! He usually travels with a travel size electric kettle for hot water, his own beans, and a hand grinder so that it's also fresh ground. I think it's a bit excessive, but not for him. Did she bring a kettle or ask for hot water from the bar/restaurant? We were wondering if the kettles were a banned item.

Thanks again for all the guidance everyone!

She would just order extra hot water to the room if she wanted to use her French press.

She drinks Starbucks espresso roast .....

But rarely made her own in the room as she felt the coffee wasn't all that bad from the ship, just asked her. She said no need to bring this year.

• 2 months later...