Carnival Splendor 8 day review

teknoge3k

We just got back from a 17 day vacation which included 8 days on the beautiful Carnival Splendor. We went to St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk. Now it took me 2 days to write my review so I am not going to do 2 more to write it on CC but will provide a link to my blog where you're welcome to read it. I also included a scan of the Fun Times in it as well. We very much enjoyed this cruise out of Prt. Everglades and our time in SoFL. I hate that she's going to California later this year. We're going to miss the Splendor.

Up next, the Magic!

My review/ blog: http://www.teknoge3k.com/2017-caribbean-getaway-cruise/

I like the Splendor alot too. The food in Tandoori, the thelasso pool and the service were outstanding on my trip in 2014. I know alot of ppl complain about the pink, but I think the rest of the ship more than make up for it. Gonna miss that ship, though I know the P & O cruisers are going to love her.

Loved your review! I was only going to read the cruise portion, but ended up reading from Day 1 through to the end. Really a nice review, done very well. I applaud you on your ability to stay calm after your accident. And what a farkus trying to get someone to take the report.

It is funny how good your own bed feels when you get home.

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful vacation with us.

Loved your review! I was only going to read the cruise portion, but ended up reading from Day 1 through to the end. Really a nice review, done very well. I applaud you on your ability to stay calm after your accident. And what a farkus trying to get someone to take the report.

It is funny how good your own bed feels when you get home.

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful vacation with us.

I think the fun is just beginning. I have to call National tomorrow and give them the police report number and start dealing with them. An attorney friend said that Florida is a "no fault" state, meaning my insurance would have to pay for the damage. He's not THAT familiar with the law though. Luckily I am good friends with my insurance agent so I am going to talk to him as well. My insurance shouldn't have to pay for the damages. She should be at fault since she hit me from behind. We'll see how it all plays out. I have a feeling in the end I may have to end up getting an attorney and suing for the damages and taxi reimbursement. I have a spotless driving record and am not going to let my insurance rate go up because it has to pay to fix something that some other idiot damaged because she was texting and driving.

I am just having an opportunity to read your Day 1-4 and you are from Raleigh, NC. I live in Raleigh but I am from Chapel Hill.

I am in Virginia but at the NC line. I however spend most of my weekends in the fall and winter in Chapel Hill. I have season tickets to football and basketball games so I try to attend them all. There's a reason our university has been named one of the most beautiful campuses in America several years in a row.

I am in Virginia but at the NC line. I however spend most of my weekends in the fall and winter in Chapel Hill. I have season tickets to football and basketball games so I try to attend them all. There's a reason our university has been named one of the most beautiful campuses in America several years in a row.

UNC is amazing. Growing up there was amazing. I love UNC Football and Basketball.

I have a question about your rental car from National, did you have to pay a deposit or have a hold put on your card? If so what it a percentage or an amount?

UNC is amazing. Growing up there was amazing. I love UNC Football and Basketball.

I have a question about your rental car from National, did you have to pay a deposit or have a hold put on your card? If so what it a percentage or an amount?

Chapel Hill, there's no place like it. I am sure you and I have seen one another at games or around town before. I am always on Franklin & Rosemary pre-game, then around Artisan's (APK) afterward.

As far as the rental car, honestly I don't know if they put a hold on it or not. I really never look at that. I don't even know what the cruise lines hold. It comes and goes on the cards. I can say for the GMC Acadia for 3 days was $131.48 and the Santa Fe for 4 days was $175.31. Both of course had unlimited mileage and I had to take them back with a full tank. I know that doesn't answer your question or help much but it gives you an idea of the total cost. I don't THINK they put a hold on the card but again, could be wrong.

Thanks for the review! We are going to be on the same itinerary leaving July 22nd. We are spending 2 days before the cruise in Fort Lauderdale. I wish we could head down to Key West like your family did - looks awesome! Maybe next time!

Also, I really like your blog and would love to set something like that up. Who hosts your blog and are there step by step instructions anywhere about setting something similar up? I searched one time and everything seemed so complicated for full of pop up ads that I really don't want.

Thanks for the review! We are going to be on the same itinerary leaving July 22nd. We are spending 2 days before the cruise in Fort Lauderdale. I wish we could head down to Key West like your family did - looks awesome! Maybe next time!

Also, I really like your blog and would love to set something like that up. Who hosts your blog and are there step by step instructions anywhere about setting something similar up? I searched one time and everything seemed so complicated for full of pop up ads that I really don't want.

I am a web developer, I host my own site(s) and set it up myself. You can set your own blog up on Wordpress and should be pretty simple for you to do. I can help if needed.

I am a web developer, I host my own site(s) and set it up myself. You can set your own blog up on Wordpress and should be pretty simple for you to do. I can help if needed.

Thank you very much! I'm planning to try to start one when we get back from our cruise at the end of July. I may be contacting you then!

Thanks again!