At least 6 people missed Sunshine today!

A&Jfamily

DH was walking out of his office today about 4:30 pm when 6 young adults approached him and asked where the cruise pier was to get on the Sunshine. He pointed around the corner where clearly no cruise ship was towering in the sky. He had heard the horn blow about 4 and she was long gone! He told them so and one just said, "dude..." while the others stared blankly. They started lugging their bags in the direction he pointed.

I feel for these kids but really....how does this happen???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH was walking out of his office today about 4:30 pm when 6 young adults approached him and asked where the cruise pier was to get on the Sunshine. He pointed around the corner where clearly no cruise ship was towering in the sky. He had heard the horn blow about 4 and she was long gone! He told them so and one just said, "dude..." while the others stared blankly. They started lugging their bags in the direction he pointed.

I feel for these kids but really....how does this happen???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Sunshine sails tomorrow, June 20th, not today.

Well these people were in Norfolk clearly looking for the Sunshine!

Which again goes back to my question...how does this happen???

Apparently, I'm just as lost as the folks you speak of. :o

I should have said from NYC. I wonder if these were crew members?

One time when we boarded our ship in Seattle for our Alaska cruise, a family tried to board, they told them their ship leaves the following day. So glad it wasn't the other way around for them. I myself, don't understand how that can happen.

I doubt that they were new employees. Americans rarely work for cruise lines. I've never heard a person from a foreign country use the term "Dude". You would think that with the age restrictions to book a cruise, one of them would have been smart enough to known what day and time the ship sails.

I doubt that they were new employees. Americans rarely work for cruise lines. I've never heard a person from a foreign country use the term "Dude". You would think that with the age restrictions to book a cruise, one of them would have been smart enough to known what day and time the ship sails.

A lot of the entertainment staff and cruise hosts working under the cruise directors are actually American. They could of been performers, dancers, or host staff getting on in Norfolk. These workers are often younger and could very easily say "Dude". At least the ones I have met are. That's at least one possibility to consider.

I was so confused when somebody said Norfolk-didn't realize 6-20 was the first NYC departure. Yesterday at lunch I was so bummed with my 66 day cruise count down that I walked down to the pier on 12th avenue just to see what as there, and low and behold there was Sunshine. Tried to figure out a way stow away but figured both Carnival and my job would object.

I'm thinking entertainment crew missed the ship. May have been an accident that could have caused them to miss the ship. They may have to fly to New York today, in order to be there tomorrow, if they still have a job.