Carnival Sensation Jamaica Excursion

apandjcrew5

Hi all! Will be traveling on the Sensation 7/31 and trying to choose between Carnival's choices in Jamaica. We have never been to this island and it was the major reason we chose this boat. We are torn between the Carnival Dunn's Rivers Falls/Bamboo Beach Club excursion and the Dunn's Rivers Fall by party boat. They take you on a party boat to the Fall's and back. We have seen feedback on the Bamboo Beach Club tour that they take you through some aggresive shopping and sometimes cut your beach time short. On the party boat excusion I am not sure how much beach time you get. Would love to hear feedback from anyone who has taken these excursions. Thank you!!

We did the Dunn's River Falls and party boat excursion from Ocho Rios in 2013 when we cruised on the Breeze. We had a great time on the boat. I'm glad I did the falls once, but I'm not sure I'd do it again. The guides are aggressive about tips and the vendors were pretty pushy too, but the falls are pretty. The ride back was a lot of rum punch and a lot of fun. We did not have any beach time, but had a reasonable amount of time in port after we returned.

Edited by Mutumbojimbo
Added more information

Thanks for your reply. Was their a beach close to port?

I don't recall one, but after my wife asked if we could have our rum punch without the punch, the afternoon got a little fuzzy.

We came off the ship and down a pier to an area with a duty free shop. Our excursion started there, there was a place to get water shoes, which everyone doing the Falls should have (I believe they were also available on the party boat). The boat was at a small pier in the same area. When we returned we went down the sidewalk out of the immediate port area and there was the usual shopping (DI, Tanzanite International etc. ) and I think a couple of restaurants. I know we shopped a little after, because my wife has a nice ring, but I think we realized we probably shouldn't wander too far and headed back to the ship.

We did the Dunn River Falls with lunch and had a great time. AT the falls the vendors can be a bit aggressive but they were also nice (if that makes sense?) just chatted with them and said "No Thank You" and that was that. Our guides were not aggressive at all and my 17 year old daughter fell in love with Jamaica! Since we have never been and a nurse in the hospital where I had surgery was from Jamaica she did suggest the falls (you also get a nice tour of the island going). I loved it and not sure if I would do the falls again (been there done that kind of thing) but I do recommend it.