port of Seattle, onboard luggage check in

suec12

Would like a detailed report on the pre-disembarkation luggage check in service for port of Seattle. This is done on the ship? when? you pay the luggage fees for bags if not free? Then put our bags out at night before disembarkation? and see your bags when you arrive home? or at the SEA airport? And you can also get a boarding pass from Princess for your airline? Thanks for any info you can give.

Would like a detailed report on the pre-disembarkation luggage check in service for port of Seattle. .

This is done on the ship? Yes.

when? You will receive the sign up form for EZ Check several days before disembarkation. You must have entered your homebound flight information in the cruise personalizer, and it must be within the time guidelines, or the form will not be delivered to your cabin

you pay the luggage fees for bags if not free? Yes, charged to your onboard account

Then put our bags out at night before disembarkation? Yes

and see your bags when you arrive home? At your destination airport. There is another much more costly "luggage express" service if you wish your bags delivered directly to your home.

or at the SEA airport? Nope. But there is always a slim chance your bags will be chosen "for futher inspection" at the Seattle pier thus a brief reunion that morning.

And you can also get a boarding pass from Princess for your airline? Yes. The airline check-in and boarding pass is actually the whole point of the service, even moreso than the baggage handling.

Thanks for any info you can give.

Answers in red above.

wow, I just posted a similar question about an hour and half; asking same things. Maybe we can get an answer from someone who just go off Emerald and used the luggage program. I am looking for paperwork that tells me the flight time parameters. Like 11am-? I have a 10:50pm flight out of Seattle

wow, I just posted a similar question about an hour and half; asking same things. Maybe we can get an answer from someone who just go off Emerald and used the luggage program. I am looking for paperwork that tells me the flight time parameters. Like 11am-? I have a 10:50pm flight out of Seattle

Sorry, too early a flight. Here's the info I posted earlier on another thread.

What the Port Valet program involves is the transport of bags from Pier 66 and Pier 91 to SeaTac airport free of charge. Your bags will be tagged for your flight and transported to the airport at no charge to you. This should simplify your debarkation from your ship and your transportation to the airport quite a bit since you will no longer have to pick up your bags at the pier. This is quite similar to Holland-America's Luggage Direct program and Princess' EZ-Check program. Note also that you will probably NOT be able to access your bags from the time they're picked up and night before you disembark until you reach your destination airport, that you should insure that you have all your travel documents, medicine and other important items you will need while in-transit packed in your hand-carried bags and not your checked items!! Also please note that further information on this program will be made available to you on board your ship toward the end of your cruise. As far as I know the only restriction I know about at this time is that your flight cannot depart prior to 11:30am on the day you arrive back at the pier. Participating airlines are: Alaska, American, Delta, JetBle, Southwest and United. As with EZ-Check and Luggage Direct, you will not have access to your bags from the time they are picked up by the ship's staff from outside your stateroom the night before disembarkation until the time you pick them up at the luggage carousel at your final destination airport.

Tom

Some friends of ours who were with us on the June 4th sailing of the Emerald Princess used the valet baggage program. They got there baggage tags and boarding passes delivered to there cabin on the ship the day before before disembarkation, put there bags out just like everyone else did. They flew Southwest to Sacramento in the late afternoon and picked up there bags in Sacramento. Southwest does not charge a bag fee like most airlines do. I believe I read somewhere any bags fees would be charged by the airline and not to your Princess account. They liked it and thought it is a great program.

Some friends of ours who were with us on the June 4th sailing of the Emerald Princess used the valet baggage program. They got there baggage tags and boarding passes delivered to there cabin on the ship the day before before disembarkation, put there bags out just like everyone else did. They flew Southwest to Sacramento in the late afternoon and picked up there bags in Sacramento. Southwest does not charge a bag fee like most airlines do. I believe I read somewhere any bags fees would be charged by the airline and not to your Princess account. They liked it and thought it is a great program.

It is a great program because the port of seattle is picking up the tab. I am just hoping my late evening flight qualifies. If you have a chance ask your friends if their paperwork stated flight times. No biggie if you can't .

Tom my flight departs at night so maybe I qualify. just wish I had the paperwork from Princess that shows the info. I searched their website and did not fine it

Yep, I missed the pm after the time and thought it was a morning flight. Old age creeping, no running very quickly, up on me. <sigh>

Tom

We used the service last week on the Ruby. Thank you Seattle!. The times posted are for flights from 11 AM (I think) to 1 AM, so your 10:50 PM flight qualifies. We got our forms on day 2 of the cruise! We had not put our flight info on our cruise personalizer but did have a required print out of our flight plans to turn in with our paperwork.

We used the service last week on the Ruby. Thank you Seattle!. The times posted are for flights from 11 AM (I think) to 1 AM, so your 10:50 PM flight qualifies. We got our forms on day 2 of the cruise! We had not put our flight info on our cruise personalizer but did have a required print out of our flight plans to turn in with our paperwork.

Jessejo, thank you for your reply. That is good news for me

We always bring our completed form to the Pursers desk. Also a copy of our airline conformation attached to it in case they can't read what I wrote on the form.

Have used this service a few times in Seattle and many times in Ft. Lauderdale.

Sue, this Port Valet system is new this year and exists only in Seattle, nowhere else and will end at the end of this Alaska cruise season. While very similar to Princess' EZ-Check and Holland-America's Luggage Direct this is a completely separate program that is paid for by the Port of Seattle.

Tom