U. S. Customs Declaration Form

LARGIN

I filled out the form just in case my Mobile Passport app didn't work when I got off the Crown in March in PE. It was a good thing I did since after waiting on the GE line for 25 min. the agent said he would process GE only and not Mobile passport.

Many USA airports have switched to using computer screens for the passengers to enter in the information that used to be on the Customs Form.

It could be that the cruise ports will start using those screens also, but I have not seen any posts that they do yet.

Actually, using the screen is easier than filling out the form. For example, you insert your passport and it gets your personal data from it so you do not have to fill out name, passport number, etc.

Also, instead of asking you to itemize all purchases, it asks if your purchases are within the allowed exemption amount. (Not sure what it then asks if you say you exceed the limit.)

I filled out the form just in case my Mobile Passport app didn't work when I got off the Crown in March in PE. It was a good thing I did since after waiting on the GE line for 25 min. the agent said he would process GE only and not Mobile passport.

Just curious why you thought a mobil passport would be valid in the GE line ??

GE program uses advanced pre-screening, and requires prior enrollment in GE, a mobil passport is just that, a passport , abet in digital form nothing more, nothing less.

Glad to hear it didn't work in the GE line, it's not suppose to

Srpilo

FYI we came back through SFO after a Baltic cruise, so this is not specifically cruise related. We had filled out the form on the plane - one per family and then went through the Kiosk at SFO, very easy. A girl helping out pointed to the airline form and said, 'Oh Immigration will take that from you' and they did.

However, there was a person, entering Baggage Claim after Immigration, checking we had the receipt from the Kiosk. We thought we were done and dusted but a Customs person would not let us leave luggage hall without collecting the receipt.

The morale of the story is that it is easy to think Customs does not need the for anymore, but it IS replaced by the Kiosk receipt. We could easily have dumped the receipt before collecting baggage.