Dress Code Question

Main Dining Room(s)

Following is the dress code in the Main Dining Room(s) for both men and women and pertains to children as well: Cruise Casual Dress Code

• Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts
  • Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops
  • Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Dress Code

• Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
  • Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
  • Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Evenings / Formal Nights

The length of the cruise determines the number of 'Cruise Elegant' evenings in the Dining Room. The first 'Cruise Elegant' evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd evening of the cruise and the second 'Cruise Elegant' evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd evening prior to the end of the cruise, schedules permitting.

• 2-day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening
  • 6-day or longer cruise: two Cruise Elegant evenings

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1093/~/what-to-wear---evenings

Do you know about the Carnival FAQ's on their website? Lots of great info there, including dining room attire. https://help.carnival.com/

I have to ask, though. You're a Carnival Gold level cruiser (according to your signature) and you aren't familiar with the MDR dress code?

Question #2: Does "LOL" mean something different to you, because you sure do use it a lot?

Final observation: Yesterday, in another thread, you said you were going on the Magic in a few days. Today, you're going on the Victory in a few days. :confused:

Do you know about the Carnival FAQ's on their website? Lots of great info there, including dining room attire. https://help.carnival.com/

I have to ask, though. You're a Carnival Gold level cruiser (according to your signature) and you aren't familiar with the MDR dress code?

Question #2: Does "LOL" mean something different to you, because you sure do use it a lot?

Final observation: Yesterday, in another thread, you said you were going on the Magic in a few days. Today, you're going on the Victory in a few days. :confused:

Before that, it was the Valor. Before that it was the Breeze.

There seems to be no question about the persistent LOL.

It's readily apparent who Ethel (and her husband Harry) is - all you have to do is read their posts.

Lol I searched and couldn't find anything related to the dress code in the dining room. Lol I'll be on Victory in a few days and was wondering if it is ok to wear a pantsuit? Lol

Same ?? over and over , anything goes with Carnival.

My 12 year old nephew was was required to change out of his nice sleeveless shirt before he could go to the MDR for lunch, yet I have seen people in bathrobes in the MDR at dinner. I guess it just depends on who is working and whether they see you enter.

Ethel, could you explain what you think LOL stands for?

She keeps using that word. I do not think it means what she thinks it means.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

:');)

Perhaps she is an LOL (little old lady) who is LOL (laughing out loud)?

My initial impression aligns with your thoughts, so when I responded to her snippy comments to me in another topic and my auto-correct spelled "Ethel" as "Edsel", I took it as an omen.

Lol I searched and couldn't find anything related to the dress code in the dining room. Lol I'll be on Victory in a few days and was wondering if it is ok to wear a pantsuit? Lol

Non formal days just about anything goes, formal days, something casual and respectable is fine

There is no dress code. I've seen shorts on Elegant nights and bathing suits on casual nights on many Carnival cruises.

Actually there IS a dress code. There are a lot of self absorbed people who feel that rules don't apply to them....the mindset of "Its my vacation and I will do what I want to do. I don't care about the rules, its about ME!!!!"....its actually pretty sad people go thru life this way

Main Dining Room(s)

Following is the dress code in the Main Dining Room(s) for both men and women and pertains to children as well:

Cruise Casual Dress Code

• Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts
  • Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops
  • Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Dress Code

• Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
  • Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
  • Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Searched and couldn't find anything related to dress code? Is she kidding. There is a thread on dress code almost every day, maybe every 2 or 3 hours.

Perhaps she just likes to hear herself talk, or else is trying to run her post count up, fast.

Dare I say LOL:)