Cleaning question

gigem_aggies

If you don't request 2x per day cleaning, do cabin stewards still do turn down service and leave towel animals? Example: If we request morning service will they come back that evening to turn down our beds and leave towel animals?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you don't request 2x per day cleaning, do cabin stewards still do turn down service and leave towel animals? Example: If we request morning service will they come back that evening to turn down our beds and leave towel animals?

No.

What you describe in the evening is considered a second service.

No, they will leave the Fun Times in your mailbox from what I've heard.

Having said that, I've never had to choose and have automatically received twice a day service. Maybe that's because I'm diamond.

Thanks. Then I guess we will know to request evening service. I always look forward to finishing dinner and coming back to see what towel animals we have waiting for us. I know our little girls will love that!

It depends on your steward. We've had two that did morning and evening when we just requested morning...and we've had one that left the towel animal in the morning and put the fun times under the door at night and didn't come back in.

No, they will leave the Fun Times in your mailbox from what I've heard.

Having said that, I've never had to choose and have automatically received twice a day service. Maybe that's because I'm diamond.

Might have more to do with the ship than Diamond status. My last few cruises, on the Glory and Conquest, I've been asked by steward to sign off on a card what my cabin service frequency preference was. This was part of his introductory routine. I wasn't asked on the Vista. Was Diamond on all of these.

No...you are describing twice a day service. We request morning only service and they make our towel in the morning and slip the next day's Fun Times under the door in the evening.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Forums mobile app

Thanks. Then I guess we will know to request evening service. I always look forward to finishing dinner and coming back to see what towel animals we have waiting for us. I know our little girls will love that!

Don't let your cabin steward tell you that you HAVE to pick one or the other. While this has never happened to us, I've actually spoken with people on our cruises who have had that happen to them and they didn't know they could request twice a day service.

I really don't care how many times they come as I just enjoy the fact that someone comes and does it (and, I don't have to)! But, this is our first cruise with our family and I want to make sure our girls get the excitement of coming back to the room after dinner to see the towel animals. All I want are clean towels and toilet paper. [emoji23]

We have been asked on our last two ships. I always chose both. However, our next cruise is 8 days with only three ports. Since my sister has a hard time dragging herself out of bed before noon on sea days I am going to tell the steward to only do turndown service. We always shower before dinner. EM

My brother and sister in law just got off their most recent cruise about 3 weeks ago, they had a balcony and choose morning service only BUT the steward turned down the bed, left the towel animal and fun times on the bed in the evening....I looks like it depends on the steward (dont know if makes a difference but they were on empress deck next to the suites, same hallway, they say the deck with the suites have the best stewards, maybe???).

I'd probably be fine with 1 service but the problem is getting towels and new beach towels. If I get morning and we shower after a shore excursion there will be no towels for the morning and no replacing the used beach towel. If we get evening service we won't have towels to shower in the morning. Should I just request both or ask for 1 but check towels?

My brother and sister in law just got off their most recent cruise about 3 weeks ago, they had a balcony and choose morning service only BUT the steward turned down the bed, left the towel animal and fun times on the bed in the evening....I looks like it depends on the steward (dont know if makes a difference but they were on empress deck next to the suites, same hallway, they say the deck with the suites have the best stewards, maybe???).

We always heard that too but one of the best stewards

We had was on the freedom on deck 2 he came twice a day and kept our ice bucket full name he even gave us his card so we could call him if we had any problems

I have guilt about choosing just one service and also about requesting two, maybe y'all can talk me through it. :)

There are inherent issues with only morning or evening service as mentioned previously, namely towels. I am notorious for mid day or evening showers in addition to morning shower on dry land, on a cruise I sometimes kick it up to both an afternoon shower and an evening shower, and I am also the proud bearer of nearly waist length hair so towels are always at a premium. And of course the decision between clean room early and towel animal/turn down service is one no one should have to make. But requesting two services seems "greedy" and feels like twice the work for the steward/housekeeping staff.

But as I know that this is a fairly new question/choice still...what if they are testing the waters for customer reaction and satisfaction with just one service per day and as soon as everyone is acclimated to only getting one, they could cut staff (and associated costs) which would still basically double the work for the steward/housekeeping staff while also causing job loss to the percentage of staff they felt superfluous.

I don't want to cause anyone more work, but I really don't want to (potentially) cause any job losses either. I am prepared to request both services and also double my usual weekly tip amount. But I do still feel a little guilty about it. I like luxury as much as the next person but have never been a "wait on me, pamper me" type of person.

Like many have stated, I don't want to make more work for the very busy crew. But....I like my bed made in the morning, and clean towels ready. And I also look forward to getting a towel animal at the end of each day. So, I'm going to repress my guilt, and ask for twice-daily service. I wish there was a way to request limited evening service, like just the towel animal. I don't need them to turn down my bed or refresh my towels or empty my trash. Just the towel animal, and the funtimes.

We like 2X's per day....I like knowing I have clean towels for the day ahead....and the trash emptied, and the bed made....on vacation, I want a touch of luxury!

You and me both!

I've been on two Carnival cruises in the past year and we got 2X daily service--no problem. (And that's staying in an inside cabin without platinum status.)

And, actually, I wish they would just skip the towel animals. They were cute on the first cruise I took, but now I just have to find someplace to put it until the steward picks it up the next morning. It seems to be a waste of his time and a waste of towels.