Flam Railway

Hi, I am sailing from Southampton for 7 night Norway cruise on Brittania, Aug 27th. One port is Flam (31st) and we want to do the railway. I know it is cheaper to book independently online, but the Flam website says all trains fully booked - except 1st and last of the day - no good for cruise times! P&O site has places available. Do the cruise ships tend to just block book all the trains on days in dock? Would make me feel better if so! Many thanks. Happy sailings!! :)

I had this same problem. Keep checking back. It was full when I checked and then a few days later someone posted on the roll call that spots were available at 11:00. I checked and those were gone, but tickets for 1:00 were now available. This was for a date in Sept. Good Luck.

I would book with the cruise line if you really want to do the trip

We went ashore & the line for independents was long & limited space as the cruise line had booked several cars for their tour

We gave up & just wandered around the port area before heading back to the ship

I just checked on cruisett.com, and Britannia's the only ship that day, but even so, with 3,600 passengers plus extra children at the end of the school holidays... there might not be much room left on the train. The village doesn't offer much more to do, apart from a brewery, a road train and a few shops, but some do go hiking- my OH headed for some waterfalls.

I have known people to book their own tickets at a previous port, such as Bergen, but I don't know how convenient that would be for you.

We stopped at Flam several years ago and went on an excursion that went to a fabulous waterfalls. It included the nice bus ride through the country and was much less expensive.