Luggage label tags.

GirlyCruiser

I have been looking on Amazon at cruise luggage tags, they have some clear ones that you can put your folded tags in that you have printed off the CP. Has anyone ever used them or do most people just do the celotape and stapling thing? Last time we cruised we just reinforced the tags using wide tape so there were no sharp edges or staples sticking out.

Thanks,

Sam x

We bought some for our last cruise from Thanet Plastics but other people had bought them from Amazon and were happy with them.They make such a difference-definately recommend buying some. Something else that was useful that others had recommended were packing cubes.-just google to see where they are sold

Ann

I have been looking on Amazon at cruise luggage tags, they have some clear ones that you can put your folded tags in that you have printed off the CP. Has anyone ever used them or do most people just do the celotape and stapling thing? Last time we cruised we just reinforced the tags using wide tape so there were no sharp edges or staples sticking out.

Thanks,

Sam x

another thumbs up for Thanet

http://www.thanetdirect.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=77&zenid=7q0ao1ibc1gfngr5sedmj2jlk6

ours have been going for at least 4 years now and still as good as new. Saves on tape, and staples, and all that hard work.

Plus they are made in the UK, so you are supporting home companies.

Thanks,

Sam x

I did a bit of searching including Thanet Direct. In the end I found some good value but very tough label holders on Amazon.

So yes, I do use them, and yes, they are good.

Thank you for the advice everyone. I think I will def buy some for this year. I remember 2 years ago when we got to the terminal seeing someone's luggage label blowing about on the floor, hope they still got their all their cases ok! Am now going to look on Thanet :)

Sam x

Very good point pendlerose, I had looked at my labels on the cp but just assumed it would still fit the holders when folded. Looks like I will have to hold off ordering the tag holders and maybe get the wide roll of tape out. Tho I am tempted to try laminating one just to see how it looks.

Sam x

We bought the luggage tags in April for our cruise on Ventura the same month and tags were fine folded

Were your labels the new style ones? As we didn't cruise last year I don't know when the luggage labels changed to the new style ones.

Sam x

I just used the thick shiny paper ones that came in the cruise booklet ( didn't tick the 'go green' or whatever it's called option ) for our cruise and just attached as instructed .... They are still going strong since October and have been all over the uk on my case as my little memento so I'm not moving them til I need to! As long as we're just travelling by car I'm keeping them. They are currently enjoying the sun in weymouth as we speak [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by caroline135

• 4 weeks later...

Our nextdoor neighbours received their pre-cruise book yesterday with luggage labels, I'm not sure if they ever fill their details online or just wait for the book. My sister & her OH are going on their first cruise with us next weekend so I thought they might get a book but they haven't. They hadn't clicked the 'go green' button online but had filled in their details so maybe by giving pre-cruise info online we are automatically taking ourselves off the mailing list :confused:

Sam.

It looks like P&O are no longer sending luggage labels out - I did not click the "go green" link and yet I've now got to print my own luggage labels. Another way in which P&O are cutting costs.....!

VP

NOT TRUE - your luggage labels will be included with your excursion booklet which comes about 5 weeks before you sail.

Our nextdoor neighbours received their pre-cruise book yesterday with luggage labels, I'm not sure if they ever fill their details online or just wait for the book. My sister & her OH are going on their first cruise with us next weekend so I thought they might get a book but they haven't. They hadn't clicked the 'go green' button online but had filled in their details so maybe by giving pre-cruise info online we are automatically taking ourselves off the mailing list :confused:

Sam.

I think they should have had a booklet, maybe give P & O a ring and ask otherwise they can print off their labels.

We always fill in our details on-line but still receive the excursion booklet

I always use the P&O ones from the booklet, BUT I bought some of the plastic ones from Amazon to use with HAL and Princess etc and they worked just fine. I went for the ones with the wires and screw joiners rather than the plastic loops though. I managed to make the different formats fit.

I bought some plastic covers from Amazon and the downloaded labels fit well when folded. I have the plastic loops which appear satisfactory. I do plan to place 2 tags per bag (side and top handle) in case one falls off.

Edited by Triplalot