Seattle hotels and getting to port

StaceyMom

I have a couple of questions for anyone willing to help:

1. We need a hotel for the night before cruising in Seattle and the night we get back. The first night we are getting in late and we just want to sleep and then get to port. Any recommendations?

The second night is when we get back. We want to see Seattle as we have never been. Where do you recommend?

2. Also, can you recommend how to get from airport to hotel and then to port AND VICE versa?

We like to be fairly economical. Thanks in advance for your help.

If I was coming in late at night I'd stay at one of the airport hotels, most of the airport hotels have a shuttle to pick up at the airport and catch a shuttle to the Pier. I've used Seattle Shuttle and Seattle Express before they are both good.

Coming back I'd probably stay out by the airport again and catch the train into town.

I have a couple of questions for anyone willing to help:

1. We need a hotel for the night before cruising in Seattle and the night we get back. The first night we are getting in late and we just want to sleep and then get to port. Any recommendations?

The second night is when we get back. We want to see Seattle as we have never been. Where do you recommend?

2. Also, can you recommend how to get from airport to hotel and then to port AND VICE versa?

We like to be fairly economical. Thanks in advance for your help.

I guess it isn't very economical, but we like the Grand Hyatt because it is connected to Ruth's Chris, and there is a great happy hour there.

To get from the hotel to the pier and back, we take a town car.:)

Edited by Husky61

If I was coming in late at night I'd stay at one of the airport hotels, most of the airport hotels have a shuttle to pick up at the airport and catch a shuttle to the Pier. I've used Seattle Shuttle and Seattle Express before they are both good. Do you know a mid range airport hotel. Also was wondering do you mean take a shuttle back to airport in morning to catch a shuttle to pier or do the hotels have shuttles to pier.

Coming back I'd probably stay out by the airport again and catch the train into town.

Do you know the prices for train into town? Thanks for your help

Which pier? 66 is on the waterfront downtown and 91 is about 5 miles north.

All the major chains are represented at the airport if you have points to use.

If you stay at a Seatac hotel that partners with Seattle Express, their shuttle to either pier is $12 pp.

If you're using pier 66 and can easily manage your luggage for a 7-10 minute walk at either end, the Light Rail is a cheap option, $3pp for a 40 minute ride.

You can still use Light Rail for pier 91, but you'll need a cab to get from downtown to the pier .... about $15.

If you're using pier 66 and can easily manage your luggage for a 7-10 minute walk at either end, the Light Rail is a cheap option, $3pp for a 40 minute ride.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what station is the best to use if going to Pier 66? University Street or Westlake Station? It looks like they are both about the same walking distance from Pier 66. Is one a significantly easier walk (with luggage) than the other?

Westlake Station which is 4th and Pine (so that you can take the elevator down to the Pier.)

Follow Pine down to the Market on 1st. Take a right and walk 2 blocks to Virginia. Left onto Virginia, walk a half block and go right onto Western, walk a block to Lenora where you'll find an elevator that will take you down the hill to the Marriott which is across from the pier.

Use the Sound Transit map for Westlake and you'll see that it's quite easy.

If it's raining, a cab will be about $10.

http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Link-light-rail?tab=Stations

If I was coming in late at night I'd stay at one of the airport hotels, most of the airport hotels have a shuttle to pick up at the airport and catch a shuttle to the Pier. I've used Seattle Shuttle and Seattle Express before they are both good.

Do you have a list of which hotels partner with them? I have a courtyard reserved but it's $270 and doesn't even include breakfast. I am thinking of trying to find something a bit cheaper. It's really hard to find anything that is under 200. Everything downtown is over 300 and I just can't justify that much for 1 night

Do you have a list of which hotels partner with them? I have a courtyard reserved but it's $270 and doesn't even include breakfast. I am thinking of trying to find something a bit cheaper. It's really hard to find anything that is under 200. Everything downtown is over 300 and I just can't justify that much for 1 night

Prices wildly fluctuate in downtown and downtown-ish, depending on what is happening in town. As example, I'm taking off on the August 30th Alaska cruise, and most of downtown is booked for the PAX (Penny Arcade Expo, 70K+ games convention) which swallows up downtown.

There are a few boutique hotels in Queen Anne area which are reasonable, and some others in the Eastlake area. Easy to get Lyft/Uber/Taxi rides to the port terminal. And an easy walk/bus ride downtown, too.

Prices wildly fluctuate in downtown and downtown-ish, depending on what is happening in town. As example, I'm taking off on the August 30th Alaska cruise, and most of downtown is booked for the PAX (Penny Arcade Expo, 70K+ games convention) which swallows up downtown.

There are a few boutique hotels in Queen Anne area which are reasonable, and some others in the Eastlake area. Easy to get Lyft/Uber/Taxi rides to the port terminal. And an easy walk/bus ride downtown, too.

The cost for them are just crazy! I ended up booking the Crowne Plaza right through NCL. It was $100 less than anything I could find online for it and includes transfers from hotel to port. I will use shuttle express to get there and back to the airport after. I just need air to go back down a bit...I hope and book that. ;)

I just need air to go back down a bit...I hope and book that. ;)

If you're booking air for anytime this summer, you better do it now. The price will not likely go down but UP. The longer you wait, the flight could sell out and you could be stuck with a flight you really don't want but have to take cuz it's all that's left. Seems that not only are there LOTS of functions going on in Seattle this season, but Alaska cruises are very popular this year! (I know it's always popular but prices are crazy this year!:) )

If you're booking air for anytime this summer, you better do it now. The price will not likely go down but UP. The longer you wait, the flight could sell out and you could be stuck with a flight you really don't want but have to take cuz it's all that's left. Seems that not only are there LOTS of functions going on in Seattle this season, but Alaska cruises are very popular this year! (I know it's always popular but prices are crazy this year!:) )

Typically I find air to go down 8-6 weeks before a trip....so I waited....and now the flight I wanted is gone. I will not book till next week still. I almost never book on a weekend....I may kick myself but I just can't pay $1000 a person for flights now. I might have to reroute myself to make it cheaper.

Jenseib... for your flight - look and see if they have a credit card offer - most have deals where if you charge $1000 or so in the first 90 days you have the card - you get enough points for a flight... when I signed up for USAir Visa - I got enough points for a first class ticket....

Also - are you just looking at national chains for hotels?

I found this B&B http://www.pensionenichols.com/ which is one block from Pikes Market for $170/night. Haven't stayed there yet but online reviews are promising......

Jenseib... for your flight - look and see if they have a credit card offer - most have deals where if you charge $1000 or so in the first 90 days you have the card - you get enough points for a flight... when I signed up for USAir Visa - I got enough points for a first class ticket....

Also - are you just looking at national chains for hotels?

I found this B&B http://www.pensionenichols.com/ which is one block from Pikes Market for $170/night. Haven't stayed there yet but online reviews are promising......

Thanks..yes I have a SW visa and it is my airline of choice but we might do Delta this time if the price is better.

I got my hotel. Crowne Plaza. And I know some people don't mind B&B's, but it's not for us.

I would not want to give others the impression that taking light rail and 'walking' to Pier 66 is a piece of cake. Yes its doable like talking a city bus to Pier 91, but is it practical for most people? The answer is no. Its a hike to either place. I guess its worth it to save $10, but its supposed to be a vacation. To each his own but its not worth the hassle vs the cost savings.

For my cruise in September I booked the Warwick Seattle Hotel in downtown. I got it for $251 inclusive of tax and breakfast is also included. I started to book a hotel by the airport, but the problem I saw with that is I plan on getting in to Seattle early (by 10:30 am or so) and sometimes hotels will not have rooms emptied and cleaned by that time for you to check in. In order to maximize my time in Seattle I would need to leave my bags, take the rail into downtown, walk around for an hour or two, take the rail back to the hotel, check in and then take the rail back to downtown to continue sightseeing.

When I was in Seattle last year for my cruise, we had to leave our bags because rooms were not ready yet, but we were staying at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront hotel which is just a couple of blocks from Pike Place so we went to the market and walked around for a bit, had lunch and then walked back to the hotel, checked in and then went back out to continue exploring. It was all very convenient.