Very casual seafood in Boston area?

Koshlong

Actually, Boston is our departure port, but I thought I'd ask here, too.

We're looking for a very casual spot to eat seafood the day before departure. We have a car, and we'll be lobster-rolling our way through Maine and New Brunswick after our Bermuda cruise.

Any suggestions? What should we sample besides lobster? I tend to get stuck on that and fish/seafood chowder.

Fried clams on Cape Ann (northeast of Boston).

The classic tourist stop is Woodman's in Essex; I prefer Farnham's in Essex. There's also the Clam Box in Ipswich, and like lobster rolls, everyone has differing recommendation for fried clams. Most places specializing in fried clams are quite casual.

Then there are steamers (steamed soft-shell clams), and plenty of other bivalves: mussels, oysters, scallops, etc. And of course, fish; cod, haddock, swordfish, bluefish ...

The best Lobster Roll in New England is in Wiscasset Maine, at Red's Eats:

https://plus.google.com/114127773286623949326/about?gl=us&hl=en

The second best lobster roll in New England is in Winthrop, Mass, about 100 feet from the border with Boston, at Belle Isle Seafood:

http://www.belleisleseafood.com/

We do a biennial (every other year) Lobster Roll Quest, where we drive up from Boston into New Hampshire and Maine, stopping at anywhere from 4 to 6 places for lobster rolls, and those two have been the victors for many years. 3rd place usually goes to The Clam Shack in Kennebunkport (at the bridge):

http://theclamshack.net/

All are very casual.

I agree with Blue Mudshark, in Essex you're better off at Farnham's. Better food, better service, better views.

We've been to Red's a few times and really liked it. All of the other suggestions are new to us and I'm looking forward to trying some of them.

Thanks very much for your suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

Marstaf Marina Bay in QUincy has a few seafood restaurants. The best one though in my opinon over there is called the Chantey. It is not on the waterfront like the other ones. But has the best seafood. Portions are great. Everytime I go there I have to laugh. We pass other people waiting to get into the other ones on the water. Never a wait mostly locals because it is kind of set back. But it is the best and always great service.