GOLDEN PRINCESS QUESTION

BCLINE3155

We are new to Princess .... and are looking at going on our first cruise on the Golden Princess in January, 2005 .... and doing the Southern Caribbean itinerary. I've been reading the posts and it appears that they have changed the itinerary ... Margarita Island instead of Caracas. We are "veteran" cruisers on Royal Caribbean .... so I would like you Princess "veterans" to let me know your opinion of Princess and the Golden Princess ship. Oh ... we will be traveling with our 15 year old daughter ... so are there other teens on the ship? Are there things for teens to do on the ship? Thanks for all your opinions.

Hi BCLINE. I was a veteran RC , but I have found a new home on Princess. The Golden is wonderful!! The staff is outstanding, Friendly, professional, and fun. The cabin steward was great. Everything I looked for was there without asking. The waiters were super. Anything to please us, and the food was great. The pools are freshwater and are open 24/7 as well as the hot tubs, and the Horizon Court Buffet. I know there will be some teens, but I wouldn't expect too many, as they are just returning to school from Christmas break. They do have a great Teen program. I am sure you won't be dissapointed. I can't help with the itinerary. I have never been on a southern cruise.

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

I totally agree with Sue!

We absolutely loved the Golden earlier this year for our spring break cruise. It was our first Princess cruise and we liked it so much we came back home and booked three more.

Very nice ship

Here's more:

http://www.lifeiscruising.com/golden_princess1

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

Hello BCLINE,

I have been on 2 Princess Cruises so far and 1 Royal Caribbean cruise. The teen facility on the Princess cruises are outstanding. I had actually met someone on the ship in the Teen Club and I was from Nebraska he is from England and 4 years later we're still together. So, obviously, I'm biased towards Princess. I love it and you'll love it too! I've been on the Golden, it's an outstanding ship. They have their own sun deck for the Teens go and lay out on and I think hot tub if they wish to do that also. THere are so many activities and etc to do on board. Your daugther will love it!

Goodluck and Welcome to Princess!

Sea Princess: 08/2000

RCCL Voyager of the Seas: 12/2002

Golden Princess: 07/2003

Can NEVER get ENOUGH cruisin

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;07;03;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

Keep on Cruisin!

BCline, have to agree with everything the above posters shared. Read Chris' review, when you get done you'll feel like you've already spent a week aboard the Golden icon_cool.gif

We were on her a few weeks after Chris - there are lots 'n lots of pix (Eastern Carib itinerary, however) in the link below our signature.

B.

Ship_at_island.gif

"These moments we’re left with - may you always remember

These moments are shared, by few

And those harbor lights, lord they’re coming into view

We’ll bid our farewells much too soon

So drink it up, this one’s for you -

Honey, it’s been a lovely cruise."

-- James W. Buffett

Carnival Triumph, April '02

Carnival Sensation, January '04

Golden Princess, April '04

Carnival Sensation, Golden Princess / Caribbean Princess pix at: Cool Cruisin' Pix

e-mail: bobandkarenny@yahoo.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BCLINE3155:

We are new to Princess .... and are looking at going on our first cruise on the Golden Princess in January, 2005 .... and doing the Southern Caribbean itinerary. I've been reading the posts and it appears that they have changed the itinerary ... Margarita Island instead of Caracas. We are "veteran" cruisers on Royal Caribbean .... so I would like you Princess "veterans" to let me know your opinion of Princess and the Golden Princess ship. Oh ... we will be traveling with our 15 year old daughter ... so are there other teens on the ship? Are there things for teens to do on the ship? Thanks for all your opinions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We cruised with Royal Caribbean three times and Celebrity once. Then we started on Princess and keep going back to Princess. We will be on the Golden in September, 2004. We will be on the Island Princess in Feburary 2005. Looking forward to it. My husband likes the 24 hour buffet on Princess. Royal Caribbean and Celebrity were nice cruises, but we have cruised more with Princess now. Jean

Southern Caribbean - Golden Princess - 9/12/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;12;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hawaii - Island Princess - 2/3/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Bob and Karen -

Thanks for the great pics - looks like you had a wonderful time. We did almost the same itinerary aboard the Mariner of the Seas in April so many of the sights looked very familiar.

We are booked on the Golden in Europe next July in C752 so your pictures of the cabin and balcony were especially welcome - can't wait to stay there!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2005;7;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

Until the Golden Princess

Golden Princess July 2005

Mariner of the Seas April 2004

Celebrity Infinity September 2001

Disney Wonder June 2000

Have been on the Golden and loved her both times. Can't compare Princess to other cruiselines as all 4 of my cruises thus far have been with Princess. Can't help you on the teen program since I don't have kids.

Golden Princess 5/2004 (Southern)

Golden Princess 3/2003(Eastern)

Grand Princess 5/2002 (Western)

Grand Princess 5/1999 (Eastern)

Archived