Vibration on Miracle same as Pride?

Msjaxon

Just returned from cruise on the Pride and really love the spirit class ships. The Pride is beautiful!! We did experience the vibration off and on for most of the cruise. Tampa is getting the Miracle next year and since it is the same class ship was just wondering if anyone had experienced the vibration on that ship as well.

We were on the Pride last week and did not experience vibration, so I guess it depends on what floor you are on. We did however experience A LOT of creaking in our cabin the first sea day because of rough seas, but once we hit calm seas it disappeared. Had a great cruise! We too are looking at the Miracle for next January, just wish it had the 2.0 upgrade!!

Edited by houseflipper48

We too are looking at the Miracle for next January, just wish it had the 2.0 upgrade!!

The did a dry dock and upgraded the Miracle to 2.0 a year or two ago. It has all the Carnival stuff (for better or worse) such as Playlist Production, Red Frog Pub, Alchemy Bar, etc. It doesn't have the licensed things such as Guy's Burgers and ESPN Bar (though it does have an updated sports bar.)

Just returned from cruise on the Pride and really love the spirit class ships. The Pride is beautiful!! We did experience the vibration off and on for most of the cruise. Tampa is getting the Miracle next year and since it is the same class ship was just wondering if anyone had experienced the vibration on that ship as well.

Yes the Miracle has a vibration. I didn't think it was bad, however, it is noticeable, more toward the back of the ship.

• 6 months later...
Yes the Miracle has a vibration. I didn't think it was bad, however, it is noticeable, more toward the back of the ship.

Just off the Miracle. Vibration was on the forward part as well. Not too bad though but it was definitely there.

We were in vista suite 4237 on July 8th on the Miracle and the ship vibrated 24/7. It made it tough to get to sleep because it was so noticeable. It was so bad people were asking for different tables in the dining room which is also aft. The glassware was rattling from the vibration. At first we all thought it was because we were going 22 knots heading to cabo but then it just never stopped. I won't take another ship in this class if it is a common problem.

We've sailed on Legend (2x), Miracle (2x), and Pride (3x). Most of the time we've had an aft cabin. We've experienced vibration in the dining room on all three ships, but not enough to keep us from sailing them in the future. As for the cabins, unless the seas were heavy the motion hasn't really been noticeable.

Miracle had bad vibration problem 2 plus years ago and could not fix it until drydock.

as a result ship could not get to Hawaii in time and we wound up missing Maui and they gave us 25% discount off a future cruise.

Doing the Miracle again in a few weeks and hope it doesnt have the same problem.

I have been on the Miracle 3 times. All 3 times have been on the after (decks 7 and 8) and haven't noticed the vibration. Will be going 2 more times both 14 day Journey cruises and still picked the aft. Might have been since the rooms were on the upper decks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Miracle had bad vibration problem 2 plus years ago and could not fix it until drydock.

as a result ship could not get to Hawaii in time and we wound up missing Maui and they gave us 25% discount off a future cruise.

Doing the Miracle again in a few weeks and hope it doesnt have the same problem.

Mom was on that same cruise. Going against the Pineapple Express weather pattern and a bum engine caused all sorts of issues. We sailed a few months before, with the same engine issue and had no appreciable itin changes. (Ensenada was pushed back because of a medical emergency at our last Hawaiian port.)

She's had a vibration for as long as she's been on the West Coast. Maybe four years?

In the MDR the aft-most second tables from either corner shake tremendously. Oddly enough you can barely feel the vibrations at the first, third or those the first line forward.

Haven't sailed the Pride so have no idea if it's better or worse.

I have been on the Miracle 3 times. All 3 times have been on the after (decks 7 and 8) and haven't noticed the vibration. Will be going 2 more times both 14 day Journey cruises and still picked the aft. Might have been since the rooms were on the upper decks.

we will be on the Miracle for the 14 days repo in January, Long beach to Tampa

Mom was on that same cruise. Going against the Pineapple Express weather pattern and a bum engine caused all sorts of issues. We sailed a few months before, with the same engine issue and had no appreciable itin changes. (Ensenada was pushed back because of a medical emergency at our last Hawaiian port.)

She's had a vibration for as long as she's been on the West Coast. Maybe four years?

In the MDR the aft-most second tables from either corner shake tremendously. Oddly enough you can barely feel the vibrations at the first, third or those the first line forward.

Haven't sailed the Pride so have no idea if it's better or worse.

Sitting in the aft DR all the way in the back was too uncomfortable for us and when they sat us there for breakfast or lunch we asked for another table.

They claimed that missing Maui was due to going around storms but thought that was bull. Left a few hours late and only did 18-19 knots the whole way. They said they needed a drydock to fix the problem so strange that it is back.

They did give everyone a 25% credit toward a future cruise which was a nice gesture.

BTW your sister was also on that cruise.

Miracle definitely has a vibration that is most noticeable in the aft lower decks..in the MDR..and even mid ship which is most noticeable at higher speeds. We are use to it, so it wouldn't keep us from booking her. We've cruised on Pride, Spirit and Miracle and it's been this way on all of them. We just figured it was a characteristic of the Spirit Class ships.

I was on the Miracle last week in cabin 4226. The vibration was so bad that we had to keep the bathroom door shut. The shower door would rattle so loud that we could not sleep. That was the first time with an aft cabin. It did not ruin the cruise for us but I will not book an aft cabin again.

Since the Spirit class ships are the only Carnival ships with azipods (except for Elation, Paradise, and Vista), what you are experiencing, I believe, is the "azipod shimmy", which is common to all azipod equipped ships. This is because by steering with the propellers the way that azipods do, the direction of the water flow under the hull in front of, through, and behind the azipod propeller changes direction, and "sweeps" back and forth under the hull, as the pods swing to steer the ship. This creates a "side to side" motion, more so than a "vibration" (on a ship either up and down or multi-directionally). The speed of the ship, the weather and its relation to ship's course, and the condition of the seas all affect how much shimmy will be experienced. This phenomenon was so pronounced on the QM2, with her 4 azipods during trials, that she went back into drydock and they added a longitudinal "skeg" ahead of and between the two center azipods to "straighten out" the water flow.

They claimed that missing Maui was due to going around storms but thought that was bull. Left a few hours late and only did 18-19 knots the whole way.

Airlines play the same game too. Can't tell you how many times I've had a flight delay start with some other issue but then the weather rolls in and it becomes a long weather delay. Airlines won't do beans for you if they can blame it on the weather' date=' even if the weather would not have been a factor if the plane had left on time in the first place.

FYI, I know of a least two ships right now, Carnival Liberty and Allure of the seas, that can not sail at their rated (and advertised) speeds. They are selling and sailing itineraries that the ships can do, but these ships don't have the top end to make up time in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Also, be advised that certain itineraries, or legs of itineraries, are more ambitious than others. Any time you sail, there are certain ports more likely to be scrapped than others depending on the wiggle room between what the ship has planned to do and what it can do.

So were you lied to, when you were told you would be miss Your port due to leaving late and having to change course due to weather? Technically, no. If you had left on time you and If weather hadn't forced a course change you might have made your port. It's also true that if the ship was not operating with a speed restriction you might have made the port, but you might also have arrived on time if you were on a flying horse.

Edited by nealstuber

Airlines play the same game too. Can't tell you how many times I've had a flight delay start with some other issue but then the weather rolls in and it becomes a long weather delay. Airlines won't do beans for you if they can blame it on the weather, even if the weather would not have been a factor if the plane had left on time in the first place.

FYI, I know of a least two ships right now, Carnival Liberty and Allure of the seas, that can not sail at their rated (and advertised) speeds. They are selling and sailing itineraries that the ships can do, but these ships don't have the top end to make up time in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Also, be advised that certain itineraries, or legs of itineraries, are more ambitious than others. Any time you sail, there are certain ports more likely to be scrapped than others depending on the wiggle room between what the ship has planned to do and what it can do.

So were you lied to, when you were told you would be late due to leaving late and having to change course due to weather? Technically, no. If you had left on time you would have arrived on time. If weather hadn't forced a course change you would have arrived on time. It's also true that if the ship was not operating with a speed restriction you might have been on time, but you might also have arrived on time if you were on a flying horse.

Airlines seem to have a policy of Why tell the truth when a perfectly good lie would take its place.