MSC Mealtime drink package

ERLEC

Does anyone know a bit more about the MSC mealtime drink package? I understand it includes very limited choice of wine, beers and such at lunch and dinner time. Valid only at dinner time for both the MDR and the buffet.

But what do they mean by "lunch & dinner time"? What are the exact hours where this package is effective? Can I go in the buffet and grab a drink around 5PM as an appetizer drink before I go in the MDR later around 8PM?

Does anyone know a bit more about the MSC mealtime drink package? I understand it includes very limited choice of wine, beers and such at lunch and dinner time. Valid only at dinner time for both the MDR and the buffet. correct on both points

But what do they mean by "lunch & dinner time"? What are the exact hours where this package is effective? Can I go in the buffet and grab a drink around 5PM as an appetizer drink before I go in the MDR later around 8PM?

IT means you can by a drink in the MDR or Buffet at the times published in the daily programme. e.g. in my recent programmes on Splendida the meals times were published as.............

lunch:- 12:00 - 14:00 and :-

dinner either 1st sitting at 18:00 and 2nd sitting as 20:30 or in the buffet at 18:30 - 21:30.

so your idea of an aperitif at 17:00 will not work.

A word of warning the published times can vary with the times in port. I got caught by this on the package when we had a short afternoon stay in port and they brought the lunch time times forward 30 minutes and when I purchased a drink at 13:45 I was charged for it as the published times were 11:30 - 13:30.

Pete

Fantastica experience is now 12 drink vouchers per person. Not 18 anymore from what I can see.

So basically I would have free drinks during lunch&dinner hours + 12 vouchers to be used outside those hours.

That's good enough... We just need to be diligent in checking the correct published eat hours to make sure we're not charged. Otherwise need to use a voucher.

HI, can I ask if the 12 vouchers you mention in the Fantastica package are included as I didn't had them on my cruise last year nor on my one for March?

Just curious...:confused:

Answered my own question - this isn't applicable in the UK

Edited by madcat444

Just booked Divina for next Feb (2018) and the 12 drink package is not included in fantastica experience until April 2017, ya just missed it as i understand.

Does anyone know which wines are included in the mealtime package?

Fantastica experience is now 12 drink vouchers per person. Not 18 anymore from what I can see.

So basically I would have free drinks during lunch&dinner hours + 12 vouchers to be used outside those hours.

That's good enough... We just need to be diligent in checking the correct published eat hours to make sure we're not charged. Otherwise need to use a voucher.

Have you considered paying the difference to upgrade to the all-inclusive package? On cruises where the Euro is the currency, it's only €9.50pd (+15% if doing it onboard). It would seem to cost only slightly more than buying vouchers and you wouldn't have to worry about what time it was when ordering drinks. Plus, you get gelato from the stations included ;)

Have you considered paying the difference to upgrade to the all-inclusive package? On cruises where the Euro is the currency, it's only €9.50pd (+15% if doing it onboard). It would seem to cost only slightly more than buying vouchers and you wouldn't have to worry about what time it was when ordering drinks. Plus, you get gelato from the stations included ;)

That would be a much better idea to upgrade. I agree totally... But I'd like to know the price of that upgrade.

That would be a much better idea to upgrade. I agree totally... But I'd like to know the price of that upgrade.

Here's a link to the prices on MSC's US website:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Already-Booked/Cruise-Upgrade/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

The price for the upgrade would be the difference between the 2 packages - + 15% if upgrading onboard. The 'mealtime' drinks package is known as 'Cheers'. As you can see from the list, the prices depend on which region you intend to cruise, so the price of the upgrade depends on where you're going.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Does it include soda?

"MEALTIME PACKAGE

Make your everyday meals a special occasion!

Unlimited wine (a choice of 2 white, 2 red and 1 rosé house brands), mineral water, draft beer, sodas and fruit juices during lunch and dinner.

The drinks included in this package are for consumption in the main restaurants and the self-service buffet, but not in the specialty restaurants."

• 6 months later...

I already inquired -- they dont allow you to upgrade. I am currently trying to decide to do the resturent pkg or the regualr one in addition to my 12 fantasitca vouchers

I got free unlimited drinks plus basic internet package free when I booked a UAE cruise back in February for next year. I sent an email regarding price of upgrading and got a very prompt response confirming prices if I wished to proceed. We haven't decided yet but cost of upgrading standard to deluxe packages was £147 for both for 7 days.

I already inquired -- they dont allow you to upgrade. I am currently trying to decide to do the resturent pkg or the regualr one in addition to my 12 fantasitca vouchers

Those fantastica vouchers that i've seen mentioned on different threads, are they U.S. or Carribean sailing only?

Can't find anything related to the matter on their Belgian (Europe) site.

We're sailing the Middle East in march 2019. Anyone experience in that area concerning the matter?

Can they be used for premium drinks that are not included in the regular all inclusive package?

I posted a drink package price list from our 2017 Divina seven day US sailing that listed a price to upgrade from the "Cheers" package, that Cheers package seems equivalent to what is now called the "Mealtime Drinks" package. I cannot say if those options are applicable to European sailings but give a general idea of cost. There was no upgrade possible from Fantastic vouchers.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54077939#post54077939

Those fantastica vouchers that i've seen mentioned on different threads, are they U.S. or Carribean sailing only?

Can't find anything related to the matter on their Belgian (Europe) site.

We're sailing the Middle East in march 2019. Anyone experience in that area concerning the matter?

Can they be used for premium drinks that are not included in the regular all inclusive package?

Only those booking in the US get the drinks vouchers (which are being done away with after March 2019 sailings). I believe they're being replaced with another promotion 'Drinks on Us' - again, only for bookings made in the US.