Tell me all about the Port of Charleston and the Ecstasy,

Ocean Dancer

Need info about Parking at Charleston, we are Platinum and have valid handicapped plates. Is parking free? What time do we arrive?

I see that the Ecstasy was recently redone...........what can we expect? We will also have the Cheers package.

We have aft cabin M262 Anyone stayed there? I've looked at cabins that I can, but not this one. It seems that all the sofas are now missing. We were on this ship in 1993 and looking forward to seeing how things have changed.

Thank you so much in advance :D

Need info about Parking at Charleston, we are Platinum and have valid handicapped plates. Is parking free? What time do we arrive?

I see that the Ecstasy was recently redone...........what can we expect? We will also have the Cheers package.

We have aft cabin M262 Anyone stayed there? I've looked at cabins that I can, but not this one. It seems that all the sofas are now missing. We were on this ship in 1993 and looking forward to seeing how things have changed.

Parking is free because you're handicapped, not because you're platinum. You select a check in time when you complete online check in.

Platinum can board whenever. They make you pick a time, but priority boards first. We were on the Ecstasy last week. We got in the parking line at 10:50 and were in our room at 11:30. It went very smoothly.

That's good to hear. Thank you.

Anything about aft cabin 262?

We have sailed out of Charleston a couple of times. The parking lot opened at 11:00 if I recall correctly. We queued up on the street near the parking entrance waiting for it to open.

They collect the parking fee for the week, and then direct the cars to drive inside a warehouse, where they are parked.

We collected our bags and walked to the outside of the warehouse where a trolley waited to take us to the check-in. It was a very painless experience.

Sorry, don't know about your room. But aft Main should be quiet. We were on empress right down from the atrium bar. Won't make that mistake again...lol...

Enjoy the newly added guy's burgers and the taco/ burrito place...both on lido.

We had anytime dining...if you want a great waiter, ask for Mehmet. Have a wonderful cruise!

I think your memory is fuzzy. No cabin on Fantasy class has/had a couch until you got to suite. Couches have not been removed...They were never there. EM

We just got back from the Ecstasy two days ago.... we were in Main Aft, Room M196... me, my wife and two boys 13, 11. The room was small, we knew that going in.... no couch.....just a king bed, bed on the wall and a trundle bed. There were two small tables you could move around and the seat under the dresser. There was also a chair under the tv.... but we never used it as the trundle was in the way.; Tight, but enjoyable.

We have sailed out of Charleston a couple of times. The parking lot opened at 11:00 if I recall correctly. We queued up on the street near the parking entrance waiting for it to open.

They collect the parking fee for the week, and then direct the cars to drive inside a warehouse, where they are parked.

We collected our bags and walked to the outside of the warehouse where a trolley waited to take us to the check-in. It was a very painless experience.

You didn't have to drop off your luggage before parking? I have read other posts where there was a step in the process to drop off luggage. Or did you skip this steps and take all your luggage with you to the trolley?

Sailing out of Charleston in a couple of weeks. I've read that there is covered & uncovered parking. How do you get to the warehouse you refer to? All the pictures I've seen just show the uncovered. We'd really like to park in the warehouse. Or is it first ones there get the warehouse?

Thanks!

Space Cowboy there is no rhyme or reason for the parking. I have been twice, once we parked inside once outside. Both times we were in line early (10:00am)

So you were in line at 10 am.....how long did you have to wait until you were able to drop off luggage and park?? Was it hard to find the line? Was anyone there to help direct the line? Were you out of the main traffic? Thank you! :D

You are out of the main traffic. When you arrive, there are people everywhere directing the cars. There's only one entrance. You go through a seemingly crazy maze of traffic cones...lol...then some folks are walking around checking your paperwork and taking care of the parking fees. You will not have to pay, of course, but I am sure you'll get some kind of sticker. You'll come to a tent where you drop off your luggage, before you are directed to the warehouse to park. We've gone out of Charleston 5 times and never parked outside...so I guess we've been fortunate. I am pretty sure the handicapped parking is the first section of the warehouse. There are folks at the entrance to ask if you're unsure where to go. Just tell them you need handicapped...I've heard they sometimes miss seeing the plates. It may sound complicated, but it's really not. You'll be fine. Have a great time! Hope you get to see a little of this beautiful city, too.

You are out of the main traffic. When you arrive, there are people everywhere directing the cars. There's only one entrance. You go through a seemingly crazy maze of traffic cones...lol...then some folks are walking around checking your paperwork and taking care of the parking fees. You will not have to pay, of course, but I am sure you'll get some kind of sticker. You'll come to a tent where you drop off your luggage, before you are directed to the warehouse to park. We've gone out of Charleston 5 times and never parked outside...so I guess we've been fortunate. I am pretty sure the handicapped parking is the first section of the warehouse. There are folks at the entrance to ask if you're unsure where to go. Just tell them you need handicapped...I've heard they sometimes miss seeing the plates. It may sound complicated, but it's really not. You'll be fine. Have a great time! Hope you get to see a little of this beautiful city, too.

Only once out of several times we were direçted to park in the warehouse placard plus plates , no matter :) The madhouse port is what I call Charleston .

We've gone out of Charleston 5 times

I have heard mixed stories about the scanner (for your carry on luggage) is much smaller at Charleston. The scanners at POM and PEV are plenty large enough for your check bag sized luggage.

Is the scanner at Charleston this large or large enough for your check sized bag?

Thanks

Thank you lidoplease

Only once out of several times we were direçted to park in the warehouse placard plus plates , no matter :) The madhouse port is what I call Charleston .

Bo, you are scaring me!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! I like the Port of Charleston! (even though they recently raised the price to $20 per night) First trip from Charleston and just off the Ecstasy this morning -- every employee from the Port of Miami should go to Charleston to train -- nice, friendly, helpful.

Last Thursday, we pulled into the port parking lot around 10:30 am, not much line, paid, they put a sticker on our windshield and then said we could leave and come back at 11:15. We did a quick drive around and stopped at Harris Teeter (grocery store) and got some items we forgot. We got back a few minutes early and they had started parking people. We got to park in one of the warehouses. As we walked out of the garage, there was a shuttle, but if you can walk, skip the shuttle, it's not far and we got to the embarkation point before the shuttle we would have been on did. Embarkation was a breeze -- I had Blue Iguana taco in hand by 11:45.

Wow! I like the Port of Charleston! (even though they recently raised the price to $20 per night) First trip from Charleston and just off the Ecstasy this morning -- every employee from the Port of Miami should go to Charleston to train -- nice, friendly, helpful.

Last Thursday, we pulled into the port parking lot around 10:30 am, not much line, paid, they put a sticker on our windshield and then said we could leave and come back at 11:15. We did a quick drive around and stopped at Harris Teeter (grocery store) and got some items we forgot. We got back a few minutes early and they had started parking people. We got to park in one of the warehouses. As we walked out of the garage, there was a shuttle, but if you can walk, skip the shuttle, it's not far and we got to the embarkation point before the shuttle we would have been on did. Embarkation was a breeze -- I had Blue Iguana taco in hand by 11:45.

Well, that's very positive. We are platinum and have handicapped plates. I wonder if we arrived at the same time you did if we would have to come back.