Oasis ocean balcony for 5: where is the Pullman?

Jen731

My family of 5 is booked in an ocean balcony room. I cannot figure out where the Pullman bed is positioned. I am really considering whether we would use it or if it would just be easier to put the baby in the big bed.

We are traveling with family and had really hoped to have connecting rooms with my brother's family so we could switch off babysitting the little ones, but it seems like there aren't any connectors for a 5/4. We are seriously considering moving one of my kids' reservations in with my parents and switching to connectors depending on where the Pullman is. If we aren't going to use the Pullman, we might as well go for the connecting rooms. If you were us, would you prefer a deck 8 or deck 11 room? I'm thinking about 11 because that's where the kids club is, it would be so much more convenient.

Thanks!!!

If you would put a baby in the top bunk of a bunk bed, then you would be comfortable with the pullman. Personally, I would not, out of fear that they would roll off. The pullman bed is perhaps 5 ft off the ground with only the most rudimentary of railing to prevent you from falling. My 6r old loved it, but she was never in danger of falling off (jumping off...yes, but falling, no)

Edited by cmason

Is it safe to put a baby in a Pullman?

Sorry, I didn't mean that. No, I wouldn't put the baby there (she'll actually be 3 by the cruise), I'd have her sleep on the pullout with one of her sisters and put a big kid up there.

Our family of four was quite comfortable in an inside cabin for four. It was a queen and two pullmans. We are also comfortable in a D1 balcony, with a queen and sleeper sofa. My two girls (13 and 16) are just fine on the sleeper sofa. Having another in the pullman would be fine, especially if its a toddler.

Sure it will be cramped, but its a ship cabin...that's part of the fun. Plus, no one spends much time in the cabin anyway.

Ignore the suite crowd.... enjoy your vacation

We did five people in a normal balcony on Allure with absolutely no problem. It was me, my wife, and our three kids (8 year-old twins and a 4 year-old). The kids all wanted the Pullman bed. And they all loved it. The Pullman is indeed in the ceiling. It comes down and is against the wall and right over the sofa-bed. Given that we didn't spend much time in the room other than sleeping, this was more than doable. Enjoy!

Is this a family oceanview balcony? If so, there should be bunk beds, sofa bed and the twin/queen beds.

No, but when I tried to look online to see if any were available, it said these rooms cannot be booked online. I wonder why! I would at least like to see how much more it would be. My older daughters are 10 and 12. I know it's going to be tight, but we do just use the room to shower and sleep, so being cramped doesn't bother me that much.

No, but when I tried to look online to see if any were available, it said these rooms cannot be booked online. I wonder why!

Those cabins hold up to 6 people. RCI doesn´t allow any bookings online for cabins holding more than 5 people.

steamboats

When we booked the Oasis six months prior to sailing, the FB cost about $600 more total than a normal balcony. I think their system can only book 4 people to a reservation which is why it has to be called in - the rep has to create another reservation for the 5th person and connect it to the main booking.

We may do Oasis again right after thanksgiving again and go for the 5 person regular cabin. The FB felt like the right size, but we weren't in the cabin as much as there was so much going on around the ship!

We put a bunch of male cousins (late teens to early twenties) in on of the regular balcony cabins that sleep five. It was great.

The steward will make the beds up while you are out in the evening and put everything away in the morning so you aren't tripping over extra bedding.

We were next door to the boys and we had the steward open the balcony divider so we could go back and forth without going in the hallway. So, it was sort of like a connecting room.