Vendors on the beach

beshears

Do any of the Grenada Beaches have vendors that walk around, selling anything? If so, what beaches, if you know?

Yes we have them on all the beaches although the tourist police may move them on if they dont have their licenses up to date :cool: It is an extremely friendly island and a polite ‘No thank you’ is all that is needed for a vendor if you don’t want anything although it costs nothing to look at their wares.

The spice necklaces are unique to Grenada and very pretty and probably come top in my things to buy as a souvenir. They differ in prices for the amounts of spices or painted seeds etc. so do take time to pick the ones you want, they shouldn’t be offended. The spices are an obvious choice too and can be bought in coconut shells, calabashes, little boxes etc. The woven hats and baskets from palm tree leaves actually dry to a mahogany brown when at home and also make nice mementos.

Thank you. That is good to know too. I know I have got some nice things from vendors walking around the beaches when we would be there.

Sorry, but you may have already said, but what would be the nearest beach to the dock, and can we walk there?

Thank you. That is good to know too. I know I have got some nice things from vendors walking around the beaches when we would be there.

Sorry, but you may have already said, but what would be the nearest beach to the dock, and can we walk there?

Grand Anse and no you cant walk there as would take you ages. You can reach it by land taxi or water taxi:cool: or if you really want an experience a local bus :) way cheaper but louder and way more cramped lol