Typhoon Meghi

Has anyone heard if Legend of the Seas has been affected by Typhoon Meghi? I can't find where the ship is cruising this week, but know it's in Asia. Reports are showing a lot of damage and related deaths around Hualien, Taiwan with the typhoon now heading for China. We are scheduled on LOS for a Taiwan cruise on 11/4, but my concern at the moment is for the people of Taiwan, the Phillipines, and China where damage has already occurred.

Thanks for any replies.

~~Judy

Has anyone heard if Legend of the Seas has been affected by Typhoon Meghi? I can't find where the ship is cruising this week, but know it's in Asia. Reports are showing a lot of damage and related deaths around Hualien, Taiwan with the typhoon now heading for China. We are scheduled on LOS for a Taiwan cruise on 11/4, but my concern at the moment is for the people of Taiwan, the Phillipines, and China where damage has already occurred.

Thanks for any replies.

~~Judy

Updates of this sort are always on the front page of the RC website. Right now, it's Saturday maintenance time, but keep an eye on http://www.rccl.com

Thanks for the links, but LOS is not a listed ship and when I did a "by ship" search it shows the last location post was in 2008 for LOS. Nothing on the RCL website...not a confidence booster!

No news is good news. It means that there is no need to "update" or give information which is contrary to the expected route and times.

Beginning of the week there were some news about they looking for the rout of meghi.

But nothing changed everything was good for the legend and i hope meghi is slowing down.

i hope it for the asian people and for us then next week we board the legend ;)

Hi everyone,

I am from Hong Kong. Legend of the Seas was only slightly affected by the Typhoon Megi. For the cruise from Tianjian to Hong Kong (7th - 21st Oct), the ship arrived Hong Kong one day earlier (20th Oct) probably because of weather. Her next sailing to Vietnam (4-night, 21st - 25th Oct) remained unchanged.

In fact Megi did not hit Hong Kong directly, and it was even sunny for the past few days in our city. A number of ships visited Hong Kong last week, but most of them had their itineraries unaffected.

Hope this may help.

Henry

Hi everyone,

I am from Hong Kong. Legend of the Seas was only slightly affected by the Typhoon Megi. For the cruise from Tianjian to Hong Kong (7th - 21st Oct), the ship arrived Hong Kong one day earlier (20th Oct) probably because of weather. Her next sailing to Vietnam (4-night, 21st - 25th Oct) remained unchanged.

In fact Megi did not hit Hong Kong directly, and it was even sunny for the past few days in our city. A number of ships visited Hong Kong last week, but most of them had their itineraries unaffected.

Hope this may help.

Henry

Hello Henry,

no the Legend was 1 Day earlier in Hong Kong because of an rescue mission at sea.

somewhere over here on CC is a thread about that.

How is the weather now henry?

on wednesday we arrive in hong kong :)

Everyone, thanks for all of your replies. It is good to read that LOS was not affected by the typhoon and also that HK escaped the path of the storm. My thoughts and prayers go to those in Taiwan, China and the Philippines that suffered the devastation.

~~Judy

Hello Henry,

no the Legend was 1 Day earlier in Hong Kong because of an rescue mission at sea.

somewhere over here on CC is a thread about that.

How is the weather now henry?

on wednesday we arrive in hong kong :)

Hi Tom,

No, before the rescue mission, Legend was already one day earlier in Keelung / Taipei, and one day earlier in Okinawa, Japan. I believe some ports at the beginning of the itinerary was changed.

In Hong Kong it is sunny today, yesterday and probably tomorrow!

http://www.hko.gov.hk/contentc.htm

You may read the forecast from the HK Observatory.

The temperature drops below 20 deg Celcius for the first time in this season. Finally autumn comes!

Will you be on Legend on her next sailing? I will be at the cruise terminal during the departure :). Wish you have a nice vacation on the ship, and beautiful days in Hong Kong.

Henry

Archived