Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Bahamas

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old March 16th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Will I have time to do Powerboat Adventures in Nassau?

We are sailing on the Carnival Splendor and will be in Nassau from 7am - 6pm. I am interested in doing the Powerboat Adventures excursion. This is what it says on their website about the schedule for the day:

Our daily schedule:

hotel pick-up, between 8AM and 8:30AM, depending on the location of your hotel
check-in starts at 8:45AM
Departure from the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal by approx. 9:30AM
Return to the P.I. Ferry Terminal by approx. 5PM
Hotel shuttle transfer back to your hotel

I have a couple questions. First of all, will our Carnival time of 7am - 6pm be the same as Nassau time? Secondly, does the schedule look like it would be realistic for us to do it?
Has anyone else done this trip in this time frame?

Thanks!!
Carnival Liberty - March 2012 - (Miami, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan Honduras and Grand Cayman)
Carnival Splendor - March 2013 - (New York, Freeport Bahamas, Nassau Bahamas, Orlando Florida)

Old March 16th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by naylenk View Post
We are sailing on the Carnival Splendor and will be in Nassau from 7am - 6pm. I am interested in doing the Powerboat Adventures excursion. This is what it says on their website about the schedule for the day:

Our daily schedule:

hotel pick-up, between 8AM and 8:30AM, depending on the location of your hotel
check-in starts at 8:45AM
Departure from the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal by approx. 9:30AM
Return to the P.I. Ferry Terminal by approx. 5PM
Hotel shuttle transfer back to your hotel

I have a couple questions. First of all, will our Carnival time of 7am - 6pm be the same as Nassau time? Secondly, does the schedule look like it would be realistic for us to do it?
Has anyone else done this trip in this time frame?

Thanks!!
I would NEVER attempt to do this in your timeline.
Exuma is quite a distance, and things happen, boats break down, weather delays etc. There is no back up for delays on a trip like this.

Unless you're in port til midnight.. I wouldn't chance it.

Old June 2nd, 2013, 03:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

scubagirl: my 20 y.o. daughter and I will be in port from 7am-midnight in early August. Is Exuma a good option during this time frame/time of year? We have been to Nassau two previous times and have gone snorkeling once to Rose Island and spent the other day at the Hilton and shopping. Many thanks for any advice you can provide.
Rhapsody of the Seas - Alaska (8/2001); Rhapsody of the Seas - Caribbean (8/2002); Norwegian Wind - Hawaii (8/2004); Brilliance of the Seas - Mediterranean (6/2005); Vision of the Seas - Mexico (3/2006); Jewel of the Seas - British Isles/Fjords (6/2006); Sovereign of the Seas - Bahamas (3/2007); Deilmann's Chopin - Berlin to Prague (10/2007); Adventure of the Seas - S. Caribbean (3/2008); Explorer of the Seas - New England/CAN (7/2008); Mariner of the Seas - Mexico (3/2009); Serenade of the Seas - S. Caribbean (4/2011); Disney Dream - Bahamas (2/2012); Voyager of the Seas - W. Caribbean (3/2012); Vision of the Seas - Baltics (7/2012); Vision of the Seas - So. Caribbean (12/2012); Liberty of the Seas - W. Caribbean (3/2013); Enchantment of the Seas - Bahamas (8/2013);Enchantment of the Seas - Bahamas (1/2014); Radiance of the Seas - Australia/New Zealand (2/2014); Allure of the Seas - W. Caribbean (8/2014); Quantum of the Seas - So. Caribbean (12/2014); Explorer of the Seas - Spain & Med Beaches (06/2015); Brilliance - Cozumel (03/2016)

Old June 2nd, 2013, 09:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrzr View Post
scubagirl: my 20 y.o. daughter and I will be in port from 7am-midnight in early August. Is Exuma a good option during this time frame/time of year? We have been to Nassau two previous times and have gone snorkeling once to Rose Island and spent the other day at the Hilton and shopping. Many thanks for any advice you can provide.
If you are not leaving til midnight, it should be fine.
It's a wonderful experience. but not on a tight timeline.