Just Back From THE JOURNEY And Oh My.. What A Journey It Was!!

Sleep7

Oh yay Deirdre!! I really wanted to ask you to post what you bought but I wasn't sure that was OK to do. I went to post 17 and it looks beautiful.. but we really do need a closeup!:)

Bonnie.. you are up next.. travel charm bracelet pics please..

I'm on the road until tomorrow night. Will try to post a snapshot then.

P.s. I Love the "Love" bracelet. The screwdriver sounds like a two person operation though?

Hi Pam!

I'm so sorry to see it end too.. writing it was like extending the pleasure of the cruise just a little bit longer.. I don't know if you remember us? We ate dinner as a group last September on the Quest on the Adriatic cruise. We sat next to you and your hubs.. I think your daughter had gotten married recently?

And it is SO FUN to share "all about the bling!":)

Hi Bonnie!

We are looking forward to admiring your bracelet!

The screw thing is kind of a two person operation.. or at least a very awkward one person one.:p I haven't taken it off yet since the Cartier woman put in on me last Friday. I keep checking how scratched it will get wearing it 24/7 but it seems to be wearing well. Cartier does polish it for free anytime so that's great. Safe travels home!

Hi Pam!

I'm so sorry to see it end too.. writing it was like extending the pleasure of the cruise just a little bit longer.. I don't know if you remember us? We ate dinner as a group last September on the Quest on the Adriatic cruise. We sat next to you and your hubs.. I think your daughter had gotten married recently?

You definitely looked familiar but I decided that my memory had to be faulty and I did not want to embarrass myself! Were you travelling with others (children or another couple?) on that cruise??

Edited by CintiPam

Hi Pam!

We weren't traveling with another couple but had made friends with them on the ship. We were a party of about 12 and we went to the dining room and they couldn't sit us all together.. we split in 2 tables? It might have been after some (not the meet and greet) cocktail party for Cruise Critic or Le Club Voyage. I was on the roll call too for that cruise. Does any of that ring a bell?

If not no worries!!! We can be new friends!:)

Hi Pam!

We weren't traveling with another couple but had made friends with them on the ship. We were a party of about 12 and we went to the dining room and they couldn't sit us all together.. we split in 2 tables? It might have been after some (not the meet and greet) cocktail party for Cruise Critic or Le Club Voyage. I was on the roll call too for that cruise. Does any of that ring a bell?

If not no worries!!! We can be new friends!:)

OK: we had dinner the last night on board after the cocktail party for returning passengers, which was a sea day after a great port day in Ravenna. You are from NYC, our old stomping grounds!:)

Edited by CintiPam

Hi Pam!

Hi Bonnie!

We are looking forward to admiring your bracelet!

The screw thing is kind of a two person operation.. or at least a very awkward one person one.:p I haven't taken it off yet since the Cartier woman put in on me last Friday. I keep checking how scratched it will get wearing it 24/7 but it seems to be wearing well. Cartier does polish it for free anytime so that's great. Safe travels home!

I loved your review Sleep7.....your joyfulness about your great cruise shone through it all. Well Done on the pics ....I could never work out how to do it.

Your Cartier bracelet is so lovely. Isn't it nice to have a thread for us girls to talk about shopping, jewellery and all things, shall we say "non dowdy"? :D

We have just come back from a city break to Dublin and my partner bought me a beautiful Champagne Diamond ring.....it's very blingy! And No Hazel, you don't need to buy a hat......yet! :D

Pam! Yup.. that was us.. from New York.. and it was right after a cocktail party for returning passengers!:) Wasn't that a delicious cruise.

Lottie.. what sweet words about my review.. thank you so much. It was truly a magical week.

I see you are a jewelry lover as well.. we are truly a special breed who just love anything SHINY that's for sure. Would love to see a pic of your new ring!!! Champagne diamonds are all the rage right now.:)

So.. we are home.. and it does feel good to be home.:rolleyes:

Except I do have the burning desire to swipe my room card every time I walk out of my garage and hear that certain "bing!" I miss the friendly and welcoming faces of the security team that bids you goodbye when you leave the ship and welcomes you back warmly when you return.

There are so many things about an Azamara cruise to treasure.. the constant smiles that you get in return when you smile at ANYBODY on the ship be it the Captain and the officers, Eric and his crew, the staff on deck 4, to the cabin attendants, the dining room and Windows staff and servers.. everyone who works on the ship is first rate and terrific!!!!

I miss the friendliness of 100% of the other guests we met last week. Everyone is always happy and willing to strike up a conversation of..

Where are you from? How many cruises have you been on? What do you do? What has been your favorite port? What did you do today? Will Oscar Pistorius will get jail time or not? :rolleyes:

I loved having the opportunity to get to know and ultimately meet the Cruise Critic people from the roll call. Shout out to you NJ foursome!!

I loved stepping away for a week of total relaxation (except until I got to the airport in Barcelona of course) and reaffirming how truly LUCKY we all are to be able to enjoy and appreciate such a grand time.

Smooth sailing everyone.. This very lengthy report has finally come to an end.

Can't wait until our next Azamazing cruise.:)

Hi Claudia.... You are amazing to put this together!!!!! I would love to copy it all and make a book from it!!! You certainly brought all the memories of the whole week together for all of us!!! Hope we get to meet again.....XO to you and Sam

Thanks Gloria!

It was so much fun to recap the week.. it truly brought it all back and made me smile from ear to ear. Just think.. we were in Rosas a week ago today.:)

It was such a pleasure meeting you.. so many things in common.

I hope our paths cross again sometime soon.

love Claudia

Still looking for you on the stairs in your robe! lol

Hi Sleep7,

On our website under Connect & Share (top right orange button) we have Azamazing Memories where you can build a storybook of your Azamara voyage and also create a personalized movie, My Azamovie, to share with your friends.

Here is the link -

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/connect-share/azamazing-memories/

Thanks Bonnie!

I will definitely look into that.. welcome home!:)

Claudia, you definitely should! I wrote a little paragraph or two after we got back from Christmas in the West Indies. You can include photos too (and yours are really nice). I don't know if you follow Azamara's Facebook page but a few weeks back there was an offer of an "Azamara booklet" if you submitted a story. All you had to do was send a message pointing them to your story and give your name and address, and voila! one lovely booklet comes in the mail as a thank-you for writing and sharing. It's actually a leather bound notebook with the Azamara name stamped on the front and a small pen attached. It's travel sized so you can bring it with you anywhere. It's a great little present.

Edited by dln929

Hi Deirdre!

That is so cool that they sent you a little gift as a thank you for the review.

I haven't even looked at the Azamazing Memories link yet. Don't laugh but I have been spending a lot of time making Halloween costumes for a party this Saturday. Yep.. I'm a busy lady.:)

When is your next cruise?

Hi Phil!

I happily read your previous posts from the Journey a few weeks ago and knew you were getting off in Monte Carlo just as we were getting on.

Bet you are cruising again soon.. much sooner than us I'm sure.:)

Enjoy!!

Hi Deirdre!

That is so cool that they sent you a little gift as a thank you for the review.

I haven't even looked at the Azamazing Memories link yet. Don't laugh but I have been spending a lot of time making Halloween costumes for a party this Saturday. Yep.. I'm a busy lady.:)

When is your next cruise?

Good morning Claudia! Halloween is one of the best holidays so good for you for putting effort into it. Great payoff when you see all the really cool costumes, huh? We're on the Vision of the Seas next with Sandi, who is Librarylady19, and her husband. We met a few years back on Celebrity Summit to Bermuda and have been fast friends ever since. I've met so many people via Cruise Critic who are now "real" friends in real life. Like Phil above (who is just as nice and smart and funny in person as he is on the forums...sorry Phil for embarrassing you so early in the morning...:D) Our next Azamara, sadly, is not until September 8th of next year. Long time to wait!!!!

Hi Phil!

I happily read your previous posts from the Journey a few weeks ago and knew you were getting off in Monte Carlo just as we were getting on.

Bet you are cruising again soon.. much sooner than us I'm sure.:)

Enjoy!!

Will be on Quest 10th November. I feel such a traitor toward Journey ;), but the feeling won't last long I'm sure!

Phil

Will be on Quest 10th November. I feel such a traitor toward Journey ;), but the feeling won't last long I'm sure!

Phil

Phil, even Captain Johannes said the only difference between Quest and Journey was the artwork so no need to feel traitorous. :D

Hi Deirdre!

Yes.. I agree about Halloween. It is such a fun holiday.. costumes AND chocolate!:)

You must be excited about your next cruise.. hope they are soon. It is so nice to stay in touch with peeps you meet on past cruises.. and the fact you have future plans with them? Even better!

We no Azamara cruises coming down the pipeline because of the lack of 7 day cruises next fall. :(

We are going with all 3 of our daughters (it's truly a miracle to get everyone together at this point) on the new Quantum Of The Seas. I'm not a fan of a HUGE ship, and the ports are a bit dull, but the togetherness will be grand.

Phil.. You will be back on board November 10th??? I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!! That's amazing. Lucky you!!!!:)

I do feel that our experiences (quite limited though) have been the same whether we are on the Quest or the Journey.. equally fabulous.

Hi Deirdre!

Yes.. I agree about Halloween. It is such a fun holiday.. costumes AND chocolate!:)

You must be excited about your next cruise.. hope they are soon. It is so nice to stay in touch with peeps you meet on past cruises.. and the fact you have future plans with them? Even better!

We no Azamara cruises coming down the pipeline because of the lack of 7 day cruises next fall. :(

We are going with all 3 of our daughters (it's truly a miracle to get everyone together at this point) on the new Quantum Of The Seas. I'm not a fan of a HUGE ship, and the ports are a bit dull, but the togetherness will be grand.

Phil.. You will be back on board November 10th??? I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!! That's amazing. Lucky you!!!!:)

I do feel that our experiences (quite limited though) have been the same whether we are on the Quest or the Journey.. equally fabulous.

Claudia, I'm thinking you could incorporate that goofy Sangria bottle into one of your costumes...:p Why don't you drop a line to Azamara and let them know some Saturday-Saturday itineraries would be welcome? I bet they're working on 2017 right now given that 2016 is already accounted for. By coincidence we too are on the Quantum though it's the transatlantic in May. If you're on before we are, I hope you write a trip report. I'd certainly subscribe!

Haahaaa! GREAT idea for a costume! Goofy Sangria bottles.. next year.:)

I will definitely try to get somebody at Azamara to see that there is a demand for more 7 day cruises.. 2017 seems like a lifetime away though.

That's so funny that you are going on the Quantum too.. it should be the opposite experience of Azamara as far as ship size. I hope we LOVE it just as much though. I will think about a "full length" report. I had to plan ahead for this past one because I took pics that I ordinarily would NOT have taken.. like of the lifeboat drill just to put in my thread. You did the same too I'm sure.

I did a few cruises on Quest quite close to one another and then felt a traitor going to Journey so I know I can be very fickle:D

Phil