On My Cruise Manager - what is NCFS?

ferfoodle

So I just logged into my cruise manager and noticed this new wording on my billing page. It now has "Average Cruise Rate Per Person with NCFS" right below the payment applied portion. What in the world does NCFS stand for?

No Chargable Fuel Surcharge?

Not sure why Carnival would want us to know this? Can someone venture a guess?

I don't know why Carnival would want us to know, but I know why I want to know - I sometimes use a TA who gives a percentage of the fare as OBC - but calculates it on the cruise fare less the NCFS.

I asked my PVP this same question tonight and she told me it is indeed the cost of the cruise plus the port charges which is the price listed in the site when you are first looking for a cruise.

Now, to answer why this showed up today...my PVP said that after 11+ years, Carnival brought in a new "web based" system for booking and yes, all new to the PVP's too. That is why the site was down for a while. Carnival was supposed to implement this new system slowly beginning in January but they decided to swoosh it all into place now.

The PVP's are a little flustered with it because it means that they have just this weekend to get comfortable with an entire new system.

Anyway, hope this info helps. :)

I've noticed that I can't view or print luggage tags, boarding pass or cruise documents for either of my cruises. I don't know if this is because I have already printed them when we made final payment, or if it is some other reason. There is a button that says my next task is edit online checkin and that is different now. My information is still there, but the page looks different.

Sewut

I asked my PVP this same question tonight and she tole me it is indeed the cost of the cruise plus the port charges which is the price listed in the site when you are first looking for a cruise.

Now, to answer why this showed up today...my PVP said that after 11+ years, Carnival brought in a new "web based" system for booking and yes, all new to the PVP's too. That is why the site was down for a while. Carnival was supposed to implement this new system slowly beginning in January but they decided to swoosh it all into place now.

The PVP's are a little flustered with it because it means that they have just this weekend to get comfortable with an entire new system.

Anyway, hope this info helps. :)

Thank you for the explanation. I continue to learn something new everyday :)

FYI,

The NCF's or non-commissionable fares have been there for many years. The public just did not know about it because it was lumped together n the total cruise fare. Commission is only paid to travel agents on the base rate of the cruise. TA's are not paid commission on the NCF's/port taxes, etc.

There are new accounting and reporting laws going into effect Jan. 1st, 2012 and this is just a way for the cruise lines to update their reporting.

I'm having problems viewing my booking right now, so can't even see what you're talking about.

I know in the past couple of days the Carnival site has been acting "funny" (what else is new!), but this is ticking me off. I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I really like to see details when I want to. Arrrggghh!

If I can't BE on a cruise, the least they can do is let me ACCESS my cruise details when I need a fix! :p

CCL was scheduled to update their websites between yesterday and be finished by today - Saturday - 10 am EST. I don't think the updating has completely gone smoothly.

I'm having problems viewing my booking right now, so can't even see what you're talking about.

I know in the past couple of days the Carnival site has been acting "funny" (what else is new!), but this is ticking me off. I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I really like to see details when I want to. Arrrggghh!

If I can't BE on a cruise, the least they can do is let me ACCESS my cruise details when I need a fix! :p

I've noticed that I can't view or print luggage tags, boarding pass or cruise documents for either of my cruises. I don't know if this is because I have already printed them when we made final payment, or if it is some other reason. There is a button that says my next task is edit online checkin and that is different now. My information is still there, but the page looks different.

Sewut

I am not able to view or print my cruise documents either. Our final payment is coming up soon and I've been able to access my documents until now, so I don't think it has to do with final payment. Perhaps they are still working on the site. I just get an error message.

I am not able to view or print my cruise documents either. Our final payment is coming up soon and I've been able to access my documents until now, so I don't think it has to do with final payment. Perhaps they are still working on the site. I just get an error message.

It looks like when they did their updates they lost or scrambled some of the personal information previously entered. Go to "Edit On Line Check In". Each guest's name should have a green check mark beside it. If one or more do not you need to add to or change some of what's entered. In our case, we had to re-enter birth year, phone number, and emergency contact information. On that last one, they changed a free-form entry block into a select-from-a-list-block, so where we previously entered "son", we now have to select "relative".

With that information completed, each guest name will have a green check mark beside it, and the system should allow you to print out your documents.

Archived