ATL;PHL;VCE Return BCN;PHL;ATL

John&LisaGA

On your ATL-PHL-VCE flight you'll just need to go from one gate to the next.

On the return you'll clear immigration, baggage claim, customs and security in that order.

Since you're in business/first class (US don't have F on longhauls) you'll have access to the US Clubs in each direction. I'd take whatever shows up when you book, it'll comply with the legal minimum connection time (LMCT). I think it's a bit pointless trying to guess how long formalities take to clear after your VCE-PHL flight. LMCTs are there for a reason.

On the other hand, some people are not comfortable with the MCT's even though they are legally enough time to connect. For most international to domestic connections with USAir in PHL, you need 90 minutes. But some people like >2 hours in case the first plane is delayed a bit, in case lines for immigration and customs are long with more than one aircraft arriving, etc. The problem with the "hub and spoke" system of the major airlines is that you probably have just under 2 hours or closer to 4 hours if you want any longer than the initial flights that are displayed when you do a search.

Flying business class will get you off the plane before coach passengers and should also expedite your checked luggage. So in your case, the MCT for the shortest connection (i.e. 90 minutes or more) should be adequate.

Edited by frugaltravel

I frequently fly through PHL. With you going international and claiming you are "slow" walkers, A gates are a long way away from the domestic gates. You may be able to get transportation, but you also may have a wait for it. With so many people claiming they "need" this, I have seen them fill up as well. So I would suggest the 2 hour timeframe.