Cruise to Australia and NewZealand with Princess

sanibelgirl

It's probably not worth it.

While I don't know the exact details of the land tour to which you are referring, I have answered questions about other land tours offered by cruise ships. The posters would give the itinerary and in each case, I could see that not enough time was being spent in a destination and too much time was being spent in transportation. For example, if your land tour is for 2 weeks, you should visit no more than 3 destinations with 4-5 days in each place. (An exception would be a stop in Uluru which can be done in 3 days.). Also, some destinations were included that are not good choices for a particular time of year. For example, you would not want to go to Uluru from Dec-Feb due to the extreme heat and infestation of flies.

If you want to extend your visit to Australia, which I highly recommend you do, then plan your own itinerary. With resources such as Trip Advisor and the ability to book online, you can easily plan and book everything for the kind of trip YOU want, not the kind that the cruise line wants to sell you at an inflated price.