Princess cruises - visa charges for Vietnam and Cambodia

adamdevall

Hi,

I'm trying to research about the visa charges for each port on our forthcoming cruise. We are from the UK so there are no visa requirements for Vietnam if we spend less that 15 days in the country. As for Cambodia, we require a visa which costs $30 each, which I can buy in advance online. However, I've read that Princess Cruises will automatically apply a charge to our onboard accounts for Vietnam visas (even though we don't need one!) and for Cambodia (when they charge an astronomical $55!). If I buy the Cambodia visa myself online, can I avoid the extortionate charges by Princess?

Any advice from people who've experienced this would be greatly appreciated :)

Based on notification on my Cruise Personalzer for our Jan 2018 sailing, those who wish to obtain Vietnam visa on their own, or exempted from the visa like UK passport holders, will be charged $1 per person for a landng card and a $1 per person processing fee.

For Cambodia, all guests, including US citizens, can obtain visa on your own before the cruise, OR, a visa will be issued upon arrival with a required passport-size photo and a visa fee of $55.00 per person charged to the stateroom account. No mention of processing fees like for Vietnam.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with Keith....we did south east Asia cruise in march and Diamond Princess took care of all our necessary Visa documents. It was so easy and price was added to final onboard bill.....for Vietnam we paid $30 plus $1 and Cambodia $30 plus $10.

I think it stated on Princess web site for required documents it would be more but that is what we paid for US citizens.