Liquor Store near port/pier

luvtovaca

I know one of you guys has an answer, so I thought I'd rename my thread and try this again...Are there any liquor stores near where you'd get off the ship or on the way to Lucaya Beach in Freeport and Cabbage Beach in Nassau/PI. Someone suggested Kalik, sounds good to us! We'd like to grab a 6 pack to put in our cooler for the beach. Thanks

I know one of you guys has an answer, so I thought I'd rename my thread and try this again...Are there any liquor stores near where you'd get off the ship or on the way to Lucaya Beach in Freeport and Cabbage Beach in Nassau/PI. Someone suggested Kalik, sounds good to us! We'd like to grab a 6 pack to put in our cooler for the beach. Thanks

I can't answer the question about Freeport, but just try to walk a block in Nassau without sampling the goods from a store stocking liquor - they are everywhere. That said, not all of them stock beer.

Not sure if I can answer your question, but I was in Nassau in March and going back in Oct. We sampled the Kalik beer at a bar when we walked outside the port. We paid like $5.00 a pop. We then went on a mission to secure a bottle of Cuban rum.....after asking around the local liquor stores on Rogers Walk (I think) they directed us to a smaller store that carried it. It was off to the left in an alley just before the straw market. The lady not only carried the rum (Havana Club), but she also carried Kalik at $1.50 a bottle. Needless to say we loaded up there for the rest of the day as $5 and up for a bottle of beer is kinda of steep. If someone knows of the store I'm refering too please give details if you have any. I believe the lady was the owner and was either Cuban or Dominican. Not sure if your willing to venture down the streets the tourist stay away from, but we never felt in any danger.

Plus, the rum was pretty good!!!

Not sure if I can answer your question, but I was in Nassau in March and going back in Oct. We sampled the Kalik beer at a bar when we walked outside the port. We paid like $5.00 a pop. We then went on a mission to secure a bottle of Cuban rum.....after asking around the local liquor stores on Rogers Walk (I think) they directed us to a smaller store that carried it. It was off to the left in an alley just before the straw market. The lady not only carried the rum (Havana Club), but she also carried Kalik at $1.50 a bottle. Needless to say we loaded up there for the rest of the day as $5 and up for a bottle of beer is kinda of steep. If someone knows of the store I'm refering too please give details if you have any. I believe the lady was the owner and was either Cuban or Dominican. Not sure if your willing to venture down the streets the tourist stay away from, but we never felt in any danger.

Plus, the rum was pretty good!!!

That actually sound like the store where I picked up some rum from - she was Cuban.

There are three liquor stores at Port Lucaya in Freeport where the shuttle takes you where you can buy Kalik, one is right across the street from the Our Lucaya Resort. If you're not going to Lucaya, Bahamian Brewery is just down the road from the port (not walking distance, but a short taxi ride), and there is a full liquor store inside. Of course, this is where Sands beer is brewed, so you won't find competitor Kalik here.

If you decide to check the liquor stores in Nassau, make sure you do it before 6pm. Everything, and i mean EVERYTHING closes down a 6pm, except for Senor Frogs. We didnt know this, by the time we got off the ship to shop, everything was closed. Very disappointing.

Archived