Admission Prices in Costa Rica

espmass

I hope it's OK to post this question here as I rarely get current info on the port boards and our roll call is not active. I have a private guide scheduled for a tour in Costa Rica but his fee does not include the admission tickets to the Veragua Rainforest and tram ride or the Tortugera Canal boat ride. The web sites aren't very clear. Does anyone have any current info regarding these fees? Thanks so much for any help.

Our entrance fees were included when we went on a private tour. We did the canal tour and the sloth sanctuary. It did not include the cost of lunch, but that was under $10 per person. There are many different companies doing private tours. Maybe you could look for one that will give you an upfront price.

I hope it's OK to post this question here as I rarely get current info on the port boards and our roll call is not active.

Sorry, but no. I've moved your post to the Costa Rica forum, as that's where it belongs.

Happy New Year !

Just visited Limon last week, I skipped Veragua Rainforest due to its high admission fee (but it may very well worth it). Here's the link on its admission fees:

http://www.veraguarainforest.com/tours-rates.html

Tortuguero Canal's price will vary b/c there are many different vendors. My guide included the boat tour in the total price. I was quoted by another company at $25 per.

Limon was the toughest port for me to pin down a reliable, well reviewed guide, yet I was overall happy with my tour.

Thank you so much SpokaneDan. That's exactly what I was trying to find for the Rainforest and somehow couldn't get that page on the same web site. Must be me! Which guide did you use? We plan to use Jorge Ramirez Morales who has good reviews but he doesn't include entry fees. I did get a quote of the canal boat ride for $20.

Tortuguero Wildlife Tour (William). I also got quotes from Morales and Greenway. William was the most accommodating and competitive. I met fellow cruisers who were happy with Greenway as well. We did Cahuita National Park in addition to Tortugueros. I personally like Cahuita better. The section of the canal (closest to Limon) was not very pristine with shoreline private residences, a refinery, and public structures. While wildlife was still abundant, I wish we ventured deeper into canal (say a 90min. tour instead of one hour). Have a good trip!

Tortugeros

https://whazarook.wordpress.com/panama-canal-2015/limon-costa-rica/

Cahuita

https://danieltcyang.wordpress.com/unique-trails/cahuita-np/

• 3 weeks later...