Cruise West Has "New Owners," New Bookings Suspended, World Cruise May Be Canceled

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles
Up-to-the minute News & Feature Articles from Cruise Critic
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:08 AM.
104,771 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Thanks -- will be interesting to see what happens.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising is a wonderful way to enjoy retirement!
Stopped counting a few years ago -- have done over 140 cruises.
West Palm Beach, FL, USA
10 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Wonderful

Betty and I are scheduled to board leg 15 in Halifax on Sept 22. Looked forward to this cruise for many months.
At least we have insurance.

Len
Boston, MA
1,075 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by LenBikes
Wonderful

Betty and I are scheduled to board leg 15 in Halifax on Sept 22. Looked forward to this cruise for many months.
At least we have insurance.

Len
Len, did Cruise West contact you with the news, or is this the first you're hearing?!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dan Askin
Senior Editor

Click to Play!

111 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by barefootfantasy
We are scheduled on two of their crusies. New Years Eve and May 28th. Don't know whether to wait it out or contact the credit card company now.
If it is true that this cruise line just decided to end those on the world cruise and cancel the remaining then I would suggest that this is not very good customer service. It is within their rights to cancel and sell the ship but I would not book on this cruise line.

Why would you want to wait to find out..new owners means new processes and new issues. What for others to try out first..are you expecting that the food would be that much better ?? or worse ??
2 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
We were scheduled to travel in segment 14 leaving St. John's. Received phone call from Cruise West rep on Sunday am Sept 5 leaving message that the trip was cancelled.

We have insurance on the trip but it is Cruise West Peace of Mind not an outside provider. Have sent them an email to the address they list for those paying cash with no outside insurance coverage. Received an automated response but no other contact from them.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Kay
Saratoga,Ca
151 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by Highflyer1
If it is true that this cruise line just decided to end those on the world cruise and cancel the remaining then I would suggest that this is not very good customer service. It is within their rights to cancel and sell the ship but I would not book on this cruise line.

Why would you want to wait to find out..new owners means new processes and new issues. What for others to try out first..are you expecting that the food would be that much better ?? or worse ??
We did not wait. Contacted the credit card company and they will take care of it. Still stuck with the airlines tickets however.
GTA, Ontario, Canada
32,544 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Originally posted by barefootfantasy
Still stuck with the airlines tickets however.
Call the airline they may give you a credit to use them in the future or claim on your insurance