Breeze 6 day or 8 day with a 10 yo and 8 yo

fozzy1975

We are looking into the breeze for next June, but are having trouble deciding between the 6 or 8 day. There is only a 500 or so difference from the 6-8 with an inside cabin.

We can do the 8 day inside for 100 less that the 6 day with a balcony.

We have 2 boys ages 10 and 8. I think the ports are better on the 6. Cozumel (been there tons of times) but the kids would LOVE paradise beach, and Grand cayman we can do the pirate excursion which I think they would have fun. Would stay on the ship in Jamaica and enjoy the ship.

On the 8 day St Kitts, St Maarten, San Juan and Grand Turk. I think the kids would enjoy Jacks Shack, but never been there so not sure.

We don't want to spend $100's of dollars on excursions since traveling during the summer it is costing a fortune anyway!

Also...we are paying more money to go on the breeze, and I know there are ships that are less expensive, but I feel the kids would have the best time on the Breeze.

I really do not mind staying on the ship either and enjoying the empty ship on port days since we are paying more for that ship I want to enjoy the most out of it that we can!

Any feed back you have would be helpful!!!!:) THANKS!!

I love the Breeze, and there's so much to do during an 8 day cruise for adults and kids. Water Works, Sports Square and mini-golf are a hit with kids and adults, along with the other onboard activities. I prefer the ports on the 8 day over the 6 day. I prefer longer cruises than shorter ones, and since we're not in the cabin that much, I would also choose an 8 day inside over a 6 day balcony. Also, if you book early saver, its possible that the rates will drop by your cruise, and you'll be able to take advantage of getting OBC, or even an upgrade to a balcony during a sale or promo that may be offered after you book. Hopefully this help, and good luck choosing your cruise.:)

I would almost always choose the longer cruise. If you are going to do a big trip, you might as well get in as many days as you can. Two extra days on the ship is a big deal to me.

I haven't been to St. Kitts or San Juan, but I know you can do Grand Turk and St. Maarten very cheaply. Heck, you can have fun in GT without spending a dime. Just hang out at the awesome beach at the end of the pier and go back to the ship for lunch. The ship is very close. In St. Maarten you can also go to the beach and keep expenses down.

I agree that the 6-day ports sound great for your kids. My son loved Paradise Beach at that age, and a few years ago, they added that fabulous pool! I haven' t done the Pirate tour, but it sounds fun, too.

Which Jamaican port will it be? Staying on the ship is always fun, and your boys will like the less crowded time. If you are docking in Ochos Rios, however, you miay want to consider the tour which goes to Dunn's River Falls and Magic Mountain. At Magic Mountain, we rode a ski lift to the top. Terrific view! At the top, we rode the Jamaican bob sled ride. It's like a roller coaster through the rain forest. Very fun and not too terrifying! Then we had a delicious lunch at the restaurant there which also had great views. This was the single best excursion I have ever been on. Your boys would love it! I would not try it from Montego Bay, however. The bus ride is much too long. Not sure how far it is from Falmouth. You'd have to look into it.

As far as the other itinerary goes, your kids would love the beach at Jack's Shack! And 8 days always beats 6!

Either choice sounds amazing. I don't think you can go wrong. Have fun!

I always prefer a longer vacation if I can afford it! As you can see by my signature we are on the 8 day itinerary (are you looking at the May 23 date?) you mention. You can do all the ports for pretty cheap.

San Juan - Free trolley to the fort/castle, Entry to both is $5 for adults and free for kids because it is a US National park

Grand Turk - Free beach or great swimming pool, no need to buy food because the ship is just a short walk down the pier

St Maarten - If you've never been I do recommend a tour like Bernard's ($48). It costs but it was a great day. Or just a taxi to Maho to watch the big planes land or Orient Beach for swimming.

St Kitts - This is the only port we have not been to so we are going to do a tour. Probably book Thenford Grey as you get beach time.

Happy to answer any other questions you may have or if you book the May 23 sailing to introduce your kids to mine (12 yo boy and 10 yo girl by next year).

Guess I'm the odd one out that prefers a 6 day. In particular I love the Sunday to Saturday 6 days. It just makes traveling so easy. I also find that around day 6 I'm ready to be done.

We took our kids on a 5 day around the same age. And we are taking them on a 6 day breeze cruise next spring break. With my kids I wouldn't want to do 8 days plus 2 travel days. It would be too much for us. So if it were my choice I'd do the 6 day. The balcony seals the deal. But everyone is different. Do what works for your family.

Jaimee

We are looking into the breeze for next June, but are having trouble deciding between the 6 or 8 day. There is only a 500 or so difference from the 6-8 with an inside cabin.

We can do the 8 day inside for 100 less that the 6 day with a balcony.

We have 2 boys ages 10 and 8. I think the ports are better on the 6. Cozumel (been there tons of times) but the kids would LOVE paradise beach, and Grand cayman we can do the pirate excursion which I think they would have fun. Would stay on the ship in Jamaica and enjoy the ship.

On the 8 day St Kitts, St Maarten, San Juan and Grand Turk. I think the kids would enjoy Jacks Shack, but never been there so not sure.

We don't want to spend $100's of dollars on excursions since traveling during the summer it is costing a fortune anyway!

Also...we are paying more money to go on the breeze, and I know there are ships that are less expensive, but I feel the kids would have the best time on the Breeze.

I really do not mind staying on the ship either and enjoying the empty ship on port days since we are paying more for that ship I want to enjoy the most out of it that we can!

Any feed back you have would be helpful!!!!:) THANKS!!

I think that the kids would enjoy the six day better. My kids LOVE Dunns River Falls, if you are docking in Ocho Rios don't stay on the ship! Cost for a cab is $10 pp round trip and $20 for adults to enter and I think $12 for kids. You can stay as long as you like and there is a beautiful beach and great facilities. The food and drink is good there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would suggest the 8-day cruise; as you said, its an expensive time for a vacation, make the most of it.

We went to 3 of the 4 ports on the Valor in Dec.

Here's what we did -

St. Kitts: Poor country with lots of inexpensive options. We did an island tour with a taxi driver for $10/person. Its $14 if you want to be dropped off at a beach and want him to come later to pick you up. You could shell out $40 for all of you, do the island tour and return in a few hours to spend more time on the ship.

St. Maarten: Expensive island; but again you have taxi tour options right at the dock. All tours have fixed standard pricing. Do not miss the planes flying in over Maho beach; Kids and adults alike will love it.

San Juan: No need to spend any money on tours. Carnival usually docks at the Old San Juan port. You can simply walk out and explore Old San Juan to your heart's content; there are forts, restaurants, shops etc. within a stone's throw. Also, there are free tour trolleys which run on a loop from the pier all the way to the fort. People can hop on and hop off at any stop along the way.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Edited by hirent

Thank you all for the advice! We are looking at the June 20th 8day or the June 14th 6 day. I hope to put a deposit down in October but it still gives us sometime to think about it. I think we may lean toward the 8 night :D

Thank you all for the advice! We are looking at the June 20th 8day or the June 14th 6 day. I hope to put a deposit down in October but it still gives us sometime to think about it. I think we may lean toward the 8 night :D

If you are spending money on air fare, why not do a back-to-back and maximize your holiday?

Of course, it means a bit more spending and time off from work. Do both legs in an inside cabin and it won't be as expensive.

Right now the prices are expensive but from what I have seen, they are always way cheaper a few weeks before the cruise date.

Edited by hirent

We did an 8 day on the Breeze with our two sons last May. At the time they were 12 and 7. They had a blast for their first cruise. We went to 3 of the islands you are looking at.

Grand Turk was great because we just stepped off the ship and found a place to sit and play. No cost or fees!

San Juan we just walked to the forts. The boys were free and it cost $5 per adult for both forts. My boys loved exploring the forts with the all the tunnels, spiral steps, and looking for canons. We rode the free trolley back to the ship.

St. Maarten we took the water taxi across the bay. When we stepped off the water taxi there was a lot of people selling stuff. One guy offered us a place on the beach and for $20 we had 2 chairs, an umbrella, 2 drinks, and access to a bathroom. There was a water trampoline next to us and for $5 my oldest had unlimited access to it.

The Breeze has so much to offer for kids. My boys never used the camps. One night we watched movies from the pool and the boys thought they had died and went to heaven! They loved the Sports Square and the Sky Course. My 7 year old was a little scared at first but by the time he was done he was flying through it. They also loved the water slides and play area. The best thing that my 12 year old loved was Guy's Burgers. Both of them loved getting ready for dinner at night and then going to the shows. I even took them to tea time one afternoon and they were delighted to pick out their own tea and pick the desserts.

I think you kids will love the 8 day.

For my kid (7) the longer the cruise the better. We did a 2 week and he (not I) were ready to get off the ship. I'd do the 8 day. There's bound to be something fun to do in each port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've done the same 6 day on the Breeze and the same itinerary as the 8 day but on the Freedom. I had my 2 daughters, 10 and 12 on the 8 day and we loved it! Itinerary was awesome and we only did 1 excursion on St. Kitts. Thenford Grey. Highly recommend. For 25.00 pp we got to see the amazing island and also have about 2 1/2 hours at Raggae Beach. It was perfect! Do the 8 day for sure!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

P