Chinese Multi Entry Visas for Australians

Miss Jolly

Chinese Visa concern: Hi everyone, could you please clarify something for me? Our multi entry visas for China have 02 and Chinese lettering marked beside the "entries". I am assured that this is how a multi entry visa is marked. Is this how your entries are marked?

Thank you. It is the entry number that I am concerned about. The example has a 1which I believe to be a single entry visa. I have a 2 which I think is a double entry visa but I need a multi entry visa. A person on our roll call has an M for his multi entry visa. I am trying ever so hard to sort it out.

Chinese Visa concern: Hi everyone, could you please clarify something for me? Our multi entry visas for China have 02 and Chinese lettering marked beside the "entries". I am assured that this is how a multi entry visa is marked. Is this how your entries are marked?

Hi Miss Jolly,

Just checked our passports and next to 'entries' we had a 2 and ours was for multiple entries. We have already been there and done that and had no problems. The category was L and the duration of stay was 30 days. Hope that helps.

:) Montelco

Thanks montelco. I remember contacing you a while back as you live in the same suburb as my fatherinlaw. I cannot remeber if you have cruised yet or not. If you have, how was it? I have forgotten which cruise you did (sorry). With your 2 visa, which Chinese ports did your visit please? Thanks for all the info.

Thanks montelco. I remember contacing you a while back as you live in the same suburb as my fatherinlaw. I cannot remeber if you have cruised yet or not. If you have, how was it? I have forgotten which cruise you did (sorry). With your 2 visa, which Chinese ports did your visit please? Thanks for all the info.

Hi Miss Jolly,

We flew into Beijing from Brisbane and did 5 days tour of Beijing on our own organised from home. We boarded the Sapphire Princess after much drama (they changed pick up point a day before our departure and drivers couldn't find the new place!!) at Tianjin. Were supposed to go to Nagasaki but that was cancelled so ended up with a few hours extra in Shanghai. Did the ship's tour there and not overly impressed with it because of the rush though loved Shanghai and would like to return one day. Other Chinese port was I suppose Hong Kong. Hope that helps.

Enjoy your cruise. It must be coming up soon. Look forward to hearing about it. We don't leave on the Superstarship Virgo until early October.

Cheers,

Montelco

Hi montelco. We leave in 4.5 weeks - the actual cruise does not start until 15th April. We will be visiting Shanghai, Beijing and Dalian so I still think that we should have that M on our visa. I am still trying to sort it out.

Hi montelco. We leave in 4.5 weeks - the actual cruise does not start until 15th April. We will be visiting Shanghai, Beijing and Dalian so I still think that we should have that M on our visa. I am still trying to sort it out.

Hi Miss Jolly,

Ours was a multi entry visa. It was my understanding that there was the single or the multi -entry visa. Is the person on your roll call Australian? Of course, they may have changed things in the last two years. I would check with your travel agent. Raining up here. What are you going to see in Dalian?

Cheers :)

My lack of faith in travel agents has only been confirmed with their lack of understanding on this matter. TA kept saying that "2" was Ok because "that's how they do it!" When I told her that we would not be allowed on the ship if this was wrong, she started double checking. Neither of us could get the Chinese Embassy in Sydney to answer the phone (we have both been trying since last weeK) and they do not reply to my messages. Anyway, I called Chinese Embassy in Canberra who told me that we certainly need an M as 2 just means double entry (My thoughts all the way along!) We have to contact Chinese Embassy in Sydney to change it but of course they will not answer the phone so TA has faxed. Fingers crossed that it sorts out soon.

We are just going to walk around Dalian ourselves - maybe head to the kite park. We had rain overnight but blue skies now.

just checked ours and it definitely has an M

at the consulate in Brisbane less than two months ago there was a choice of single, double or multiple I think the prices were $30, $45 or $60. we paid $60.

can't remember exactly but I think prices were going up on Feb 1 and mutliple was going up to $90?

there spoke to people with single (for Shanghai only as spent more than 48 hours there), double and multiple on our cruise. We talked to a Welsh brother and sister who tried to get a multiple and the Chinese consulate in London wouldn't do it, would only give them a double.

our research prior to cruise indicated you would get 'on entry' visas issued for special economic zones (sanya, xiamen etc) so technically we only needed a single but we weren't prepared to take the risk and as it happened weren't offered the option at the consulate. they looked at itinerary and said multiple so that's what we got.

not aware of people not getting off due to lack of visas but then you only speak to a small percentage of passengers when you are on a big ship.

still haven't confirmed if we left two behind in Laem Chabang but there were two very unhappy campers getting back on the ship in Sihanouk Ville as we were getting off there.

just checked ours and it definitely has an M

at the consulate in Brisbane less than two months ago there was a choice of single, double or multiple I think the prices were $30, $45 or $60. we paid $60.

can't remember exactly but I think prices were going up on Feb 1 and mutliple was going up to $90?

there spoke to people with single (for Shanghai only as spent more than 48 hours there), double and multiple on our cruise. We talked to a Welsh brother and sister who tried to get a multiple and the Chinese consulate in London wouldn't do it, would only give them a double.

our research prior to cruise indicated you would get 'on entry' visas issued for special economic zones (sanya, xiamen etc) so technically we only needed a single but we weren't prepared to take the risk and as it happened weren't offered the option at the consulate. they looked at itinerary and said multiple so that's what we got.

not aware of people not getting off due to lack of visas but then you only speak to a small percentage of passengers when you are on a big ship.

still haven't confirmed if we left two behind in Laem Chabang but there were two very unhappy campers getting back on the ship in Sihanouk Ville as we were getting off there.

:)Thanks for that information. Obviously, Hong Kong wasn't counted as part of China when we visited because we had three stops and places. I will remember that when we travel next time to China.

Good luck sorting out your visas, Miss Jolly. Not long now until you go. What did you think of China, New Farmers? What was Legend of the Seas like with shore excursions and other activities? Have read a bit about it.

Cheers,

Montelco

:)Thanks for that information. Obviously, Hong Kong wasn't counted as part of China when we visited because we had three stops and places. I will remember that when we travel next time to China.

Good luck sorting out your visas, Miss Jolly. Not long now until you go. What did you think of China, New Farmers? What was Legend of the Seas like with shore excursions and other activities? Have read a bit about it.

Cheers,

Montelco

hello up at Buderim

We loved China, Shanghai especially.

We're not shorex people so can't offer much of an opinion there. Think they were pretty typical but seemed a bit more high energy than those on HAL from our last cruise. Only one we took was Saigon and it was go go go. We loved that part of it. No room for slow pokes, that's for sure. I know there were complaints about them letting others off before/at the same time as those taking shorex but why in all truth should anyone have a right to get off before someone else just because they've been booked an RCL shorex? Sanya was worst for this due to gangway problems entirely out of RCL's control.

Other activities? They had a band out on deck two or three nights for 'dancing under the stars'. Was really nice sitting out there listening to the music. Pool games a couple of times. Didn't do trivia or any of that stuff. Few theme nights. Asian, country and western.

Ship was a good size. One of the Diamond/Sapphire size Princess ships would have been way too big. Royal/Pacific/Tahitian size (Oceania as well) would have been perfect as ship would have been able to get right up to Saigon, closer to Bangkok etc.

People have complained about poor service. Not sure what they were expecting. RCL is not Crystal or even Cunard. Was just as good as our HAL experience. Staff were even friendlier as this is what they are trained to do, to interact on a more personal level.

We had no high expectations and came away impressed.

pete

We did the reverse trip from Vancouver to Beijing in September on the same ship and had single entry visas.Single entry is signified by 1 double entry by 2 and multi entry M. You should only need a single entry as you enter China in Shanghai and will still be in China when it enters Beijing and Dalian and does not count as an entry in every port as long as the ship does not call into another country in between. An example is like leaving Sydney and calling at Brisbane and then darwin. Darwin will be the exit port.

If you have a 2 you should be OK and that will cover you if the ship has to call into another port outside China for some emergency. Hong Kong although technically China does not require a Chinese Visa.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Archived