Aft Suites Deck 7 Mariner

glorygaf

Has anyone experienced any of the aft suites on Deck 7 on Mariner.

Can anyone recommend this deck for some particular reason or maybe there are vibrations or sewerage odours on this deck. Any info could be of assistance.

There are two things you should be aware of when booking an aft suite on deck 7. First, I believe the balconies are smaller than the equivalent suites on decks 8, 9 or 10. Second, the suites are directly over the Horizon Lounge which may bring some noise issues when there are events in the lounge. Also, half of the outside area aft of the Horizon Lounge is a smoking area which may be problematical for you. Personally, I would only book an aft suite on decks 8 or 9. I've been in 992, which was excellent.

On the other hand, we had friends who were in a Seven Seas Suite Aft on deck 7 and loved it. Hope this helps.

There are two things you should be aware of when booking an aft suite on deck 7. First, I believe the balconies are smaller than the equivalent suites on decks 8, 9 or 10. Second, the suites are directly over the Horizon Lounge which may bring some noise issues when there are events in the lounge. Also, half of the outside area aft of the Horizon Lounge is a smoking area which may be problematical for you. Personally, I would only book an aft suite on decks 8 or 9. I've been in 992, which was excellent.

On the other hand, we had friends who were in a Seven Seas Suite Aft on deck 7 and loved it. Hope this helps.

I'm interested in responses having book an aft suite on deck 7 of Mariner.

I was told all the balconies were the same size and we picked deck 7 as it wasn't as shaded.

As regards the smoking issue, I believed that smoking is no longer allowed on open decks/balconies. Hope this is correct!

I was told all the balconies were the same size and we picked deck 7 as it wasn't as shaded.

As regards the smoking issue, I believed that smoking is no longer allowed on open decks/balconies. Hope this is correct!

Unlike Mariner, balconies for the aft suites (HS grade) are approx the same size, I believe and the deck plans bear this out.

Smoking is allowed on the rear outside deck of the Horizon Lounge. As it is open air, this is unlikely to affect deck 7 much, though it is possible. You may also get some noise from late night revellers, if that is the right word for a Regent crowd, in the Horizon Lounge. Though you may of course be revelling also. :)

Enjoy your cruise in a beautiful suite on a beautiful ship.

Had a Seven Sea Aft suite on deck 7 in April. The location was directly above the Horizons lounge and we spent a lot of time both in our suite and on our deck, never ever had any noise or smokers smoke (I have a very sensitive nose when it comes to smoke).

As for the size of our deck? Huge and the Horizon Suites next door also huge. As to sewer smells reported, never smells from Mariner but in port on occausions we would get a wiff of nasty port smells, but it would be gone as fast as it arrived.

Wish I could always sail in a SS Aft suite it was over the top fabulous IMHO and I loved Ram my Butler too! I don't understand why he is not bringing me my afternoon cocktails anymore :)

It's good to hear that the Mariner aft suites don't suffer from the smoking below. I know it's a very sensitive issue on the forums and if people want to smoke I don't have a problem, as long as I can enjoy a smoke free environment in my suite and balcony. We cruised in the Library suite on P&O's Aurora a few years ago and had to keep the doors closed and couldn't use the balcony at all due to constant cigarette/cigar smoke, which was so disappointing.

We chose deck 7 because when we looked at photos of the back of the ship, the ceilings were a little higher which made the balcony less shaded. Glad the balcony space is as big as on the other decks as its difficult to tell from the plans.

Archived