Formal Optional nights: how do you know when they will occur?

cruiseej

A quick question from a first-timer on Seabourn: Our official cruise documents say on the itinerary page that there will be 2 formal option evenings on our upcoming 14-day cruise -- yet it (oddly) does not denote which days those are. Is there somewhere else I should be looking to know which two days are the formal optional nights? I'd like to know in case it impacts making a reservation in Restaurant 2 one night, or a day we might be off the ship until late. Or do you just find out a day in advance when you see the next day's program? Thanks.

Eric

Often the first formal night is the second night of the cruise. But that is not hard and fast. I have encountered the first formal night on the first night of the cruise and also a few days in. But don't worry. -- the day you board you will be given the schedule of both dress for each evening of the cruise and the theme for Restaurant2 again for each evening.

You can also check in Seabourn Square at boarding - they'll or only have the schedule of all the dress nights but they can also advise which nights are special events in the MDR or Colonade (like the Chef's Dinner, which I love).