Phu My port

marylizcat

We have booked a private tour at this port and have to meet the tour guide at the port gate as he is not allowed in. Can anybody advise me on how long I need to allow to walk from the ship to the gate? Are we talking 2 minutes or 20? Or is there a bus?

We have booked a private tour at this port and have to meet the tour guide at the port gate as he is not allowed in. Can anybody advise me on how long I need to allow to walk from the ship to the gate? Are we talking 2 minutes or 20? Or is there a bus?

Would also like to know if there is a shuttle provided from ship to port gate ...Thanks

From memory, it's only a short walk across the hardstand where there's a bit of a market (we bought some lacquerware there before we returned to the ship) at one end and the tour buses do their turnaround and pick ups at the other end ... more like 2 minutes than 20 minutes. No shuttle, naturally.

Cheers

Bob

Edited by Bob&Janet

From memory, it's only a short walk across the hardstand where there's a bit of a market (we bought some lacquerware there before we returned to the ship) at one end and the tour buses do their turnaround and pick ups at the other end ... more like 2 minutes than 20 minutes. No shuttle, naturally.

Cheers

Bob

That's great! Thanks very much for your help.

Did you use dollars or dong at the stall?

Edited by marylizcat

It will take about 10 - 15 minutes to walk out to the main gate - very flat and just keep to the left or right of the walk way to avoid any traffic -the walk is very safe despite what a few others may say

We had a lady in the group who used a walking stick and she had no problems with the walk.

Indeed on the return trip the port workers had a small open sided bus which they allowed us to ride on for a two minute ride back to the gangway.

You will save yourself $25 USD per head by walking out to the port gate - money well saved for a very short walk

The hard standing and small market that someone mentioned is "inside" the port and adjacent to shipside so disregard that information.

There are no shuttles provided to take you to and from the ship and the port gate

It will take about 10 - 15 minutes to walk out to the main gate - very flat and just keep to the left or right of the walk way to avoid any traffic -the walk is very safe despite what a few others may say

We had a lady in the group who used a walking stick and she had no problems with the walk.

Indeed on the return trip the port workers had a small open sided bus which they allowed us to ride on for a two minute ride back to the gangway.

You will save yourself $25 USD per head by walking out to the port gate - money well saved for a very short walk

The hard standing and small market that someone mentioned is "inside" the port and adjacent to shipside so disregard that information.

There are no shuttles provided to take you to and from the ship and the port gate

Thank you. We are all fully mobile, barring last minute disaster, but will allow 15 minutes to be on the safe side.

Totally agree with all of the above and we were there in December 2014!