Royal Plaza on Scotts - Far East Plaza - Singapore

Iluvcruising2

There have been some questions on the location of Royal Plaza on Scotts in Singapore.

So I made some videos to show you where this hotel is located. In the videos, you will also be able to see the Marriot and the Grand Hyatt.

I start from outside Orchard ION. I have to take an underground passage (which is actually an underground shopping mall) to the other side (Wheelock Place, Paterson Road), cross the road and walk up Scotts Road to get to Royal Plaza. A very easy walk.

[YOUTUBE]EPUXn3coyWE[/YOUTUBE]

Ya Kun Toast @ Far East Plaza

I cross over to Far East Plaza from Royal Plaza @ Scotts, and have some toast, boiled eggs and coffee at Ya Kun Toast.

[YOUTUBE]ERpHfFfDF1Q[/YOUTUBE]

I hope these videos are useful if you are in the vicinity for the first time. In another thread, I put up some videos of Newton Food Center, which is at Newton MRT station, just one stop north of Orchard MRT station.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Thanks so much ..I will be staying there and wish anyone who has would offer some feedback on this particular hotel choice.

I have not lived there personally before but this 4-star hotel has been consistently rated as a very good hotel.

I found this video made by somebody else from their stay in 2012. The standard room looks decent.

[YOUTUBE]FLCPCgEjIUg[/YOUTUBE]

This marketing video is also worth a watch.

[YOUTUBE]lGT8tJnXMdc[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Yeap..... you post lots of interesting on the Rhapsody roll call.

A friend tells me that one can go up the Marina Bay Sands Hotel to the observation deck without having to pay so long as one goes to the bar ...... Tower 3 he says. Can you confirm please.....

Yes. If you don't want to pay just to see the observation deck, then you either have to dine at Sky on 57 restaurant or go to the Ku De Ta bar and restaurant. Both of these establishments are rather pricey.

Sky on 57 website. I have personally had lunch here. It was not too bad.

http://www.marinabaysands.com/restaurants/sky-on-57.html

Ku De Ta Singapore

http://kudeta.com/singapore/

More info and FAQs.

http://www.marinabaysands.com/sands-skypark/frequently-asked-questions.html

Iluvcruising2...Hello again....Just wondering if I'm going to have any trouble just saying the address in english to the taxi driver... 25 Royal Plaza Hotel on Scotts Road ?

Taxi drivers understand English addresses. There should be no problem as this hotel is very well known. There may be some challenges with newer hotels as well as hotels that have undergone recent name changes. Royal plaza is not one of them.

ASHLAND,

Just in case you weren't aware, English is the official language of Singapore.

Well, I think not all taxi drivers are very proficient in English. I think all would have basic knowledge and be able to understand addresses. However, in reality, most taxi drivers are more fluent with mandarin and/or dialects like Hokkien, Cantonese etc.

Hi lluvcrusing2

We are staying at the Royal Plaza on Scotts this May. Just wondering if I should pre order a taxi/van to get us from the cruise port to the hotel. We are a party of 4 adults. We will have 1 suitcase and 1 piece of hand luggage each. Ant suggestions?

Thanks in advance

I planned a pre-cruise meet and greet prior to our 22 March cruise and wanted to use the bar in the hotel, but discovered that guests at the hotel could only invite two guests, not a group of 25 or so.

So I decided to have the event at the nearby

Caveau Wines & Bar

1 Scotts Road | Shaw Centre, #02-10, Singapore, Singapore

Hi lluvcrusing2

We are staying at the Royal Plaza on Scotts this May. Just wondering if I should pre order a taxi/van to get us from the cruise port to the hotel. We are a party of 4 adults. We will have 1 suitcase and 1 piece of hand luggage each. Ant suggestions?

Thanks in advance

How much do they charge you for a pre-booked vehicle that can take 4 of you?

My guess is taking 2 taxis from the cruise terminal to Royal Plaza would be less expensive than pre-booking.

how much do they charge you for a pre-booked vehicle that can take 4 of you?

My guess is taking 2 taxis from the cruise terminal to royal plaza would be less expensive than pre-booking.

sgd $65

sgd $65

The distance from marina bay cruise terminal to Royal Plaza is about 8.5km. The cost per normal taxi should not be more than $20, at most $25 if there are jams. So two taxis would at most cost $50.

However, if you want the convenience of being together in the transfer, then $65 isn't too bad a price.

The distance from marina bay cruise terminal to Royal Plaza is about 8.5km. The cost per normal taxi should not be more than $20, at most $25 if there are jams. So two taxis would at most cost $50.

However, if you want the convenience of being together in the transfer, then $65 isn't too bad a price.

I agree, thank you. I will book it. Going to the airport they are charging $55. The convenience is the best part.