Day trip for wheelchair users in Le Harve, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Vigo & Porto

dillie

Hi

In September im going on the Celebrity Constellation & stopping in these ports,

Le Harve, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Vigo & Porto.

I wondered if anyone could recommend any trips for a wheelchair user? Or tour companies?. Id love to go to Giverny to Claude Monet house too.

Many thanks Dillie

Dillie – I cannot help you in regards to tours. I can only advise you that Le Havre is accessible (May 2007). We used the local tourism website (http://www.le-havre-tourism.com/) and created our own little tour. I do see that they are now offering some tours. Hope this helps.

Betty

th_bigbiker.gif

HI Betty thank yo for the link very helpful. Dillie

I'm on the wine tour in October, so I'd be really interested in what you find and especially, how you go on.

Please do post your experiences!

Hiya, Ok i will do. Does seem Paris is about 2hours away from Le Harve. If you find out anything too please let post be interested. :)

Hiya, Ok i will do. Does seem Paris is about 2hours away from Le Harve. If you find out anything too please let post be interested. :)

Okerly dokerly. I've got this as a subscribed thread so will keep an eye on it.

The one thing we have already decided is not to bother with Paris. Been there, done that, etc.

I've seen some postings about decent restaurants in LeHavre so I suspect we might stay local.

• 2 months later...

I have never been to Le Havre, but visit France regularly and it is very disabled friendly. Monet's garden is beautiful and they offer a good discount for disabled visitors.

When we visited Oporto our ship docked in Leixoes, which is outside the city. This is the only place we did the ship's excursion.

In Vigo the ship stops in the town. There is a nice shopping mall just by the port which is accessible. We did the HOHO bus which stops a short, flat walk from the ship. The bus had a ramp and the driver was very helpful.

I have been to Bilbao, but by plane. It is wheelchair friendly, taxis are cheap and the Guggenheim Museum accessible and great to visit.

• 2 weeks later...
I have never been to Le Havre, but visit France regularly and it is very disabled friendly. Monet's garden is beautiful and they offer a good discount for disabled visitors.

When we visited Oporto our ship docked in Leixoes, which is outside the city. This is the only place we did the ship's excursion.

In Vigo the ship stops in the town. There is a nice shopping mall just by the port which is accessible. We did the HOHO bus which stops a short, flat walk from the ship. The bus had a ramp and the driver was very helpful.

I have been to Bilbao, but by plane. It is wheelchair friendly, taxis are cheap and the Guggenheim Museum accessible and great to visit.

Thanks for replying. I have been to Vigo before & actually wondered about the HOHO bus as didnt do that last time. Im really looking forward to seeing Bilbao & Oporto. Im really stuck on Le Verdon as just realised 2 hour drive to Bordeaux so not good really. Anyway cant wait for my cruise.

Archived