More cancelled Triumph Cruises

txcruiser90

Well its official. If you call Carnival the message has changed that now Triumph cruises have been cancelled to June 8. There goes my chance of a summer cruise :(

:( I'm sorry your cruise is cancelled. Is there no way for you to try and get on a different ship or cruiseline altogether?

Can't even imagine what they are trying to deal with on the phones.

When a recorded message tells you "if your issue is not time sensitive you may want to call back next week when we hope to have our service levels back to normal", it's gotta be crazy town there.

My VIFP status issues can wait a week. Or two.

:( I'm sorry your cruise is cancelled. Is there no way for you to try and get on a different ship or cruiseline altogether?

Yeah its a bit of a bummer. We were so excited the first time, then cancelled, and this was the last booking that fit into our schedule. We could try the magic but I was a little hesitant going on a 7 day for our first cruise

Yeah its a bit of a bummer. We were so excited the first time, then cancelled, and this was the last booking that fit into our schedule. We could try the magic but I was a little hesitant going on a 7 day for our first cruise

We started with a four day twice and since than nothing shorter than a 7 day will do for us.

TWO ADDITIONAL CARNIVAL TRIUMPH SAILINGS CANCELLED;

SHIP SCHEDULED TO RETURN TO SERVICE ON JUNE 13

Carnival Cruise Lines is cancelling an additional two five-day voyages of the Carnival Triumph following a severe storm on Wednesday, April 3, in Mobile, Ala., where it was undergoing repairs at a local wet dock facility.

During the storm, which had winds exceeding 70 miles per hour, Carnival Triumph broke away from its moorings at the BAE shipyard when four of the bollards on the pier that the mooring lines were tied to broke apart, causing damage to the vessel and delaying the repair work. The ship was towed to the Mobile Cruise Terminal where repairs continue.

The situation has resulted in a 10-day delay in the scheduled repair plan. Carnival Triumph is now scheduled to return to service from Galveston, Texas, on June 13. Guests on the cancelled sailings will receive a full refund, reimbursement for travel expenses, and a future cruise discount of 25 percent. Travel agent commissions will be protected.

To complete the remaining repairs, Carnival Triumph will eventually be repositioned from Mobile to Freeport, The Bahamas. In order for the repairs to be fully completed, Carnival Triumph must be placed in a dry dock facility large enough to accommodate a vessel of this size, which is not available in Mobile.

“We’re extremely disappointed to have to cancel these additional voyages and, although the cause was beyond our control, we sincerely apologize to our guests for this disruption to their vacation plans,” said Gerry Cahill, Carnival president and CEO. “We know how much our guests were looking forward to their vacations and we sincerely regret the inconvenience this will cause.”

I've been on 15 cruises and 7 day is the ONLY way to go. Went on a 4 day w/galfriends once and was so disappointed at the end. We all wanted more.

Go ahead and do the 7 day with about 3-4 ports. Thats a great mix. You only live once.

BOOK IT!! Trust me, my first cruise was a 7 day and every other cruise after that has been a 7 day. Please book it you won't be sorry. And since this is your first cruise be sure to pack seabands and bonine and/or ginger pills/capsules just in case. Good luck and keep us posted!

if this is true...again CC gets the scoop before CCL announces it...funny and CC gets a bad rap...

CC doesn't get a bad rap for scooping the cruise lines, it gets a bad rap for all the BS and immaturity that keep appearing.

BOOK IT!! Trust me, my first cruise was a 7 day and every other cruise after that has been a 7 day. Please book it you won't be sorry. And since this is your first cruise be sure to pack seabands and bonine and/or ginger pills/capsules just in case. Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks for the advice! I just get motion sick a bit, so I wanted to start off small. Its like you read my mind on my concern haha

We paid $150 in "rebooking fees" because I was sure this was going to happen even though my PVP and John Heald were both confident that the Triumph would be ready by June 8th. I wonder if we can get that $150 as on OBC now? :rolleyes:

I sure would try damn hard to get that $ as an OBC!

Thanks for the advice! I just get motion sick a bit, so I wanted to start off small. Its like you read my mind on my concern haha

My wife gets queazy on any kind of boat but she had the motion sickness patches and she had a great time on our first cruise (it was 7 day). She is now addicted to cruising, OK OK so am I... Good luck.

Our first cruise last year was a 7-day, it was awesome! I'd go for it!!!

We had 10 of us booked into 4 cabins on the Triumph sailing on June 3. Just moved to the Magic on June 16. This time 10 of us booked into 5 cabins. Price, after our cancellation discount, was about the same. We're very happy!!:D

We're taking our kids on their first cruise. They are 8,9,9. We were a little leery about taking them on a 7 day for their first but we took the plunge anyway.

Just hate having to wait 2 more weeks.

Archived