Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Read Luxury Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you!

Old June 11th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Dress code after 6pm

With our 1st Regent cruise happening in a couple of weeks I have been reading all posts on the forum with much interest.
The mention of no jeans/shorts after 6pm has been mentioned a few times.
Help me out here, does this just apply in the public rooms?
I imagine you can still use the pool after 6pm (late afternnon is my favourite time to sit out in mid summer)
If I return to my cabin after a late swim am I going to upset people I meet enroute ??

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 11th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Miss-heli; we also use the gym facilities/jogging track and pool after 6pm (not very crowed then as most guests are dressing for dinner). Returning to our suite in the provided Regent robes--with about 100 days on board, we've never heard a word.

Old June 11th, 2012, 07:06 AM
10,000+ Club

The code applies to the entire ship, but I think if you keep a low profile coming and going, you'll be fine; no one is going to berate you for wearing a robe or gym clothes in the corridors. Bear in mind that they usually close the pool around that time, though.

Oceania Riviera, Nov. 2013
Seven Seas Navigator, Dec. 2006, Alaska May 2012
RSSC Paul Gauguin 2000, 2003, 2005, 2008
Radisson Diamond June, 2004
Regent Voyager, June '06, Dec. '07, Dec. '09, Dec. 2010

Old June 11th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy The Wanderer View Post
The code applies to the entire ship, but I think if you keep a low profile coming and going, you'll be fine; no one is going to berate you for wearing a robe or gym clothes in the corridors. Bear in mind that they usually close the pool around that time, though.
Oh Dear!!
I really hope the pool doesn't close at 6pm.......this could be the first negative fact I discovered about Regent Cruises

Old June 11th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

miss-heli,

We spent 24 nites on the Voyager in April, the pool closed (pool crew put net over jacuzzi's and pool) beginning at 7:30 pm. Every night that we swam after 6 pm there were also 3-6 folks enjoying an early evening libation in the jacuzzi's--so this time is a very nice time for a few of us to enjoy the pool and jacuzzis, Also, in the a.m. for the first two days of our voyage the pool opened at 7:30 a.m., asked the GM (then Ralph De Klijn) if safety permitted (there was another woman (triathelete) who also wanted to swim early) could
they open the pool by 7am. Every day thereafter the pool was opened about 6:50a.m.

Thus, if push comes to shove, and they net the pool earlier than you like, consider speaking to the GM to have them close it later.

Last edited by Colonel(Ret.)Wes; June 11th, 2012 at 10:51 AM.

Old June 11th, 2012, 11:38 AM
10,000+ Club

You're not the first person who is not happy with Regent's policy to close the pool early. Not sure why they find it necessary. In terms of dress code after 6:00 p.m., last month in the Observation Lounge on the Voyager the bartender was making the rounds to insure that no one was in jeans or shorts. The first couple of nights he had to ask a few people to leave ...... but, after that, everyone seemed to comply. It seems to me that it's esier to remember the dress code in the winter when it is dark at 6:00 p.m. This time of year the sun is still shinning so it is easy to forget

Itineraries Sailed: Alaska (2 sailings) / Baltics / Barcelona – Dubai / Cape Town – Rio / E. & W. Caribbean (3 sailings) / Ft. Lauderdale – Lima / Istanbul-Venice / London-Monte Carlo / Miami – Barcelona / Mumbai – Bali / New York-Southampton / Singapore to Sydney / Tahiti / Venice-Rome / Vancouver-Tokyo

Upcoming cruises: Stockholm to Copenhagen - 28 nights - Voyager / Miami to Miami - 14 nights - Riviera / Rio to Barcelona - 18 nights - Mariner / Cape Town to Cape Town - 15 nights - Mariner / Explorer - 2016

Old June 11th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm on the Voyager now and, weather permitting, the pool and jacuzzi are open between 7:30 am and 8 pm. The fitness center is open between 6 am and 9 pm.

2014 Regent Voyager - Hong Kong to Beijing
2013 Regent Mariner - Athens to Istanbul to Rome (B2B)
2013 Regent Navigator - San Francisco to Vancouver (Alaska)
2012 Regent Mariner - Monte Carlo to Rio to Buenos Aires (B2B)
2012 Regent Voyager - Southampton to Reykjavik to Copenhagen (B2B)
2011 Regent Navigator - Montreal to Ft. Lauderdale to Bermuda to Ft. Lauderdale (B2B)
2010 Regent Mariner - Cape Town to Rio to Ft. Lauderdale (B2B)
2010 Regent Navigator - Caribbean
2009 Regent Mariner - Seward to Vancouver
2008 Regent Mariner - Sydney to Auckland
2008 Oceania Regatta - Panama Canal
2007 Celebrity Infinity - Alaska
2006 Celebrity Millennium - Transatlantic
2005 Celebrity Mercury - Pacific Coastal

Old June 11th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Hi Dave, hope Joan and you are enjoying Rekjavik and the Voyager.

More often than not I'm in the Voyager gym at 5am sometimes even earlier when we have 6am excursions to go on.

In April, the other user of the gym was the Voyager Food & Beverage Mgr, as he wanted to use the Gym when guests generally do not use it.

r/wes

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Wes. Thanks for your well wishes. We don't arrive in Reyjkavik until 1 pm today but we're looking forward to the visit. There's a mixture of clouds and sun and it's quite cool.

2014 Regent Voyager - Hong Kong to Beijing
2013 Regent Mariner - Athens to Istanbul to Rome (B2B)
2013 Regent Navigator - San Francisco to Vancouver (Alaska)
2012 Regent Mariner - Monte Carlo to Rio to Buenos Aires (B2B)
2012 Regent Voyager - Southampton to Reykjavik to Copenhagen (B2B)
2011 Regent Navigator - Montreal to Ft. Lauderdale to Bermuda to Ft. Lauderdale (B2B)
2010 Regent Mariner - Cape Town to Rio to Ft. Lauderdale (B2B)
2010 Regent Navigator - Caribbean
2009 Regent Mariner - Seward to Vancouver
2008 Regent Mariner - Sydney to Auckland
2008 Oceania Regatta - Panama Canal
2007 Celebrity Infinity - Alaska
2006 Celebrity Millennium - Transatlantic
2005 Celebrity Mercury - Pacific Coastal

Old June 14th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

With our trip to Alaska, the pool closed rather early. Around 6pm i believe. We never went in it since it closed so early!

Old June 24th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdalecharlotte View Post
With our trip to Alaska, the pool closed rather early. Around 6pm i believe. We never went in it since it closed so early!
Same happens on Seabourn!
All pools and jaccuzzi's on the larger ships Odyssey, Quest and Sojourn close by 7pm on the smaller ships pool and jaccuzzi's open all night on the Pride, Spirit and Legend...go figure?

Old June 24th, 2012, 02:28 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabourntraveller View Post
Same happens on Seabourn!
All pools and jaccuzzi's on the larger ships Odyssey, Quest and Sojourn close by 7pm on the smaller ships pool and jaccuzzi's open all night on the Pride, Spirit and Legend...go figure?
Hi ST -- good to see over here on the Regent board. Perhaps you will give Regent a try one day.

Itineraries Sailed: Alaska (2 sailings) / Baltics / Barcelona – Dubai / Cape Town – Rio / E. & W. Caribbean (3 sailings) / Ft. Lauderdale – Lima / Istanbul-Venice / London-Monte Carlo / Miami – Barcelona / Mumbai – Bali / New York-Southampton / Singapore to Sydney / Tahiti / Venice-Rome / Vancouver-Tokyo

Upcoming cruises: Stockholm to Copenhagen - 28 nights - Voyager / Miami to Miami - 14 nights - Riviera / Rio to Barcelona - 18 nights - Mariner / Cape Town to Cape Town - 15 nights - Mariner / Explorer - 2016

Last edited by Travelcat2; June 24th, 2012 at 02:33 PM.

Old June 24th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelcat2 View Post
Hi ST -- good to see over here on the Regent board. Perhaps you will give Regent a try one day.
I was about to 1 week ago and was going to book the Mariner for 2013 Barcelonba to Buenos Aires 28 days and they pulled it/cancelled it.. they only now have it from Barcelona to Rio de Janeiro....I am waiting to see what they will be annoucing for after that cruise before I book.

Does anyone know when Regent will be releasing past nov 2013?

Old June 24th, 2012, 05:10 PM
10,000+ Club

Regent will probably release December, 2013 and at least the first half of 2014 in October. I'm surprised about the change in the cruise you almost booked. A similiar cruise is being done this year (from Monte Carlo) and is very popular. Are you sure the cruise does not continue on to Buenos Aires after it docks in Rio. Maybe we'll have to wait and see on that.

Last edited by Travelcat2; June 24th, 2012 at 05:28 PM.

Old June 24th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelcat2 View Post
Regent will probably release December, 2013 and at least the first half of 2014 in October. I'm surprised about the change in the cruise you almost booked. A similiar cruise is being done this year (from Monte Carlo) and is very popular. Are you sure the cruise does not continue on to Buenos Aires after it docks in Rio. Maybe we'll have to wait and see on that.
It did and then they yanked it all of a sudden and the reason I was given was that they were making changes to the itinerary. Actually 2013 December was there for all ships until about 2 weeks ago and went poof!
Seabourn is doing the same cruise from Barcelona to Rio on Oct 26th, 2013 on the Quest but that's too early for me.