Snorkeling, Grand Caymen or Costa Maya

mwm

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also sailing on the Carnival Miracle in May and had the same question. If anyone has done both some input would be great. From what I've read in the boards the snorkeling that is part of the Uvero Boat Blast in Costa Maya is not that great.

I've done the snorkel stop with the stingrays twice, and hired someone from the now-defunct Tapas bar in Costa Maya to take us out snorkeling.

The Costa Maya snorkeling was great from the standpoint that our group of 6 were the only ones out there. However, the Cayman stop wins hands down in terms of things to see - lots more colorful fish, variety of species, more coral, etc. It could've been that we didn't go to a very good spot in Costa Maya. I'd do it again there because I just like to snorkel, but if I could only do one I'd do Cayman.

I have pics of both in the link in my sig - the Costa Maya snorkeling pics are in April '05, both Cayman albums have snorkel pics.

We did the snorkling as part of the stingray city tour and my family from Hawaii who snorkle there said GC was even better, more fish, lots more coral of different types, colors, and clearer water. so I would say GC would be pretty good. We took Capt Bryans tour and loved it only 12 of us on board.

francine

Archived