New to Cruising

Paris182

As of next month I am taking the Regatta, Lisbon to Miami. I am a single male, 60 and got very good rates through my travel agent, booking a guaranteed single rate (with little or no supplement).

What I am asking if anyone has any hints for someone cruising alone, such as what to expect, a good way to meet people etc. Not to mention a good way to be left alone if I want it.

I am doing this as I have had a very stressful year and am looking to relax, but that does not preclude socializaton.

Any hints or help anyone can offer is appreciated

Thanks

Paris182

When dining you can ask for a table for 2-8 people a good way to meet new friends.

If you want to be alone there are plenty of places to do that as well.

Library, lounge, pool deck etc...

I am not sure if they have a singles meet & greet but it might be worth checking into.

They have trivia and other group games if you are into that and as always shore excursions.

Enjoy the cruise

The Daily Team Trivia was a favorite way to meet people - they'll be extremely grateful for every right answer you can contribute. Another good opportunity for socializing is the evening piano lounge - especially if you've got a good pianist on your cruise. Some meet while waiting in the laundry room. You might run into familiar faces during the handful of shore excursions on your cruise, or passing in the halls, so introduce yourself. Bring along a handful of business or personal cards to make it easier for new friends to remember you during and after your cruise.

Archived