Blue Grotto Tours ( Amalfi Coast) Anyone done before?

Debzee

Hi

We are thinking of doing the Amalfi Coast Tour thru Blue Grotto Tours. It covers Sorrento, Positano, Ravello & Amalfi Coast . This is a private tour with a private guide. Has anyone ever tried this tour & used this company? If so, please tell us more.

Thank you

Robert & Debra

• 1 month later...
Hi

We are thinking of doing the Amalfi Coast Tour thru Blue Grotto Tours. It covers Sorrento, Positano, Ravello & Amalfi Coast . This is a private tour with a private guide. Has anyone ever tried this tour & used this company? If so, please tell us more.

Thank you

Robert & Debra

I've never tried this company, but I can tell you that this is an exceptionally full day. Maybe you are driving the Amalfi Coast and stopping in Sorrento (great for leather), otherwise it's really a stopping point for Capri, but it's ok to walk around in; Positano's charm is really at night, but walking down the winding road to the bottom is what you do, and Ravello is absolutely the best. It is very quaint, and boy, you can smell the $$$ that lives there....We visited Ravello 1st thing in the a.m. when nobody was awake--I'll bet it would have been better later on. It has a very famous ceramic shop there, and of course the lemons....There are other (popular) cities on the Amalfi coast, such as Amalfi, it's seaside, and has a main shopping drag (street). Also, Sorrento "closes up" (shuts down ) for lunch from 2-4 p.m.. When we were in Positano, we went to La Tagliatello or something like that, which was 3/4 of the way to heaven (waaaaay up the mountain) for lunch. They just brought food. I'm sure your driver will know of it.... Hope this helps...