Mariner

woogie

Thank you for the explanation,

This is only our second Regent cruise. We tried to use a travel agent but they seemed to have little knowledge about Regent and so we went to (rssc.co.uk) for our bookings. There doesn't seem to be any wiggle room there as they seem to be the only one (that i have seen) doing the UK side of things ( any advice is appreciated)

Well done you on your upsells and also good luck with your 2 future cruises, hope you get the upgrade!

Pam,

You are probably on your cruise now so may not pick this up, but thought I would offer you some tips from a UK perspective. Hope you are enjoying your Regent experience.

You should do any future bookings through a TA - you will receive a discount of 8-10% compared to booking direct with RSSC UK, plus on certain voyages you may be offered some on-board credit. The rules of this Board are that I cannot recommend a specific TA but if you look on line for one that reminds you of an english gold coin and is based in Reading you will not go far wrong.

If you like Regent cruising think about booking your next cruise while on board. You will pay a lower deposit and receive more flexible booking conditions. The booking can be placed with your chosen TA so you still receive any discounts etc offered by your TA.

Upsells: In order to achieve maximum occupancy levels, Regent's policy is to oversell the lower grade cabins. They then free up the space required by offering 'upsells'. If the cruise is still 'oversold' they then start making cash offers for passenger to move to other cruises.

In my experience 'upsells' are seldom, if ever, offered to UK guests.

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...
Pam,

You are probably on your cruise now so may not pick this up, but thought I would offer you some tips from a UK perspective. Hope you are enjoying your Regent experience.

You should do any future bookings through a TA - you will receive a discount of 8-10% compared to booking direct with RSSC UK, plus on certain voyages you may be offered some on-board credit. The rules of this Board are that I cannot recommend a specific TA but if you look on line for one that reminds you of an english gold coin and is based in Reading you will not go far wrong.

If you like Regent cruising think about booking your next cruise while on board. You will pay a lower deposit and receive more flexible booking conditions. The booking can be placed with your chosen TA so you still receive any discounts etc offered by your TA.

Upsells: In order to achieve maximum occupancy levels, Regent's policy is to oversell the lower grade cabins. They then free up the space required by offering 'upsells'. If the cruise is still 'oversold' they then start making cash offers for passenger to move to other cruises.

Hope this helps

Does anyone know a Travel Agent in the US that will discount 8-10%?? We take many cruises and would like a better discount than we get now.

Thanks in advance.

Sheila

Pam,

Hope this helps

Hi Flossie, thank you so much for the advice, there were at least 3 couples that had used that TA and will definitely look to go through them the next time so thanks for that.

We are now looking at the New York to Canada one for next year but will leave it for a bit to see if the price comes down. We honestly didn't get the chance to book on board for the next cruise as we were so busy all the time.

We had another fantastic time, met loads of wonderful people, had great excursions and fabulous food...it's all so tiring this eating, drinking, partying malarky but i think we have just about recovered.:D

Looking forward to planning our next trip.

Pam.

Does anyone know a Travel Agent in the US that will discount 8-10%?? We take many cruises and would like a better discount than we get now.

Thanks in advance.

Sheila

Yes Sheila, there are US TA's who rebate 10% and sometimes a bit more but, we cannot name them on this board. You have to find them or ask others on board or directly.

Thanks in advance.

Sheila

There are many of them. What part of the country are you in?

j