The Boat yard fun? also need help with what to do??

rlanting

With this being our first cruise we need help? :rolleyes:

It sounds like the BoatYard is a fun place, how hard is it to go there??

:)

Also we thought we may want to swim with the turtles is there someone that does a better job on snorkling trips, also anything else that is a must see on Barbados.

:D :D Thanks for your help

We've visited Barbados twice, it's great. I strongly suggest an island tour, then to Boatyard. If you're there in to the evening, you may want to have dinner at Lobster Alive on Boatyard Beach. It's easy to get there ... just catch a cab!

www.glorytours.org The Best of Barbados tour is outstanding- Harrison's Cave, Wildlife Preserve, scenic drives through Bathsheba, lunch, photo ops, Snorkeling, Glass Bottom Boat, and Swimming with turtles... All for under $100 pp

It was an awesome tour- all day long, returned to the pier around 5:30pm. Were at the Boatyard by 7pm and had a total blast till last call for the ship...

You can view my review under the Barbados section for more detail below if you're interested.

You'll love Barbados!

Was the swimming with the turtles fun ?? :rolleyes:

Also I heard there is a shipwreck off shore at the boatyard, can you snorkel there at the boatyard and if so is there turtles there to see also. :) :)

thanks for the info. please keep it coming

• 3 weeks later...

Also the is a snorkel and diving company at the Boat Yard that has good pricing on snorkel trips only $17.00 to go out to the ship wreck.

But how good is this Company any one used them ???

Thanks Randy :) :)

It sounds like the BoatYard is a fun place, how hard is it to go there?? :)

It's easy to get to The BOATYARD! Complete directions via taxi from ship are within a thread posted on this board:

(or just click here) Review of Boatyard "OnOurOwn"

Gosh! We've enjoyed doing lots of fun things in Barbados ... but ... this time "A Day At The Beach" was what we wanted ... and REALLY enjoyed going to The Boatyard!

Have FUN planning! Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

It's easy to get to The BOATYARD! Complete directions via taxi from ship are within a thread posted on this board:

(or just click here) Review of Boatyard "OnOurOwn"

Gosh! We've enjoyed doing lots of fun things in Barbados ... but ... this time "A Day At The Beach" was what we wanted ... and REALLY enjoyed going to The Boatyard!

Have FUN planning! Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Thanks for the Information. Have you or anyone you know used the Sailing Company that is Based at the Boatyard?? :confused: I'm trying to find out if they do a good job on their Tours.

Thanks again for the Information :) Randy

Does any one know much about the Rogers dive company that is located at the Boat yard ?? His prices sound good, but would like some information about the service.

Also what does the Drinks and food run at the BoatYard?? I was on another tread and a person was complaining. Can you bring your own beer cooler, as I do not know if Roger has that on his boats??

Please keep the info. coming 38 days left til I sail Thanks Randy :)

Also what does the Drinks and food run at the BoatYard?? I was on another tread and a person was complaining. :)

The food isn't that bad at all- normal for any Chili's, Bennigan's, TGIFriday's type of place. About $6-$9 for starters, $7-$12 for entree's. The drinks can be a bit pricey, but you can find out what the special is, etc. and save some money. We ordered a round of shots and a 3 beers for 5 people and it ended up being about $65. I also drink premium liquor, so I expect to pay a bit more.

• 2 weeks later...

The beaches are public in Barbados, so yes you can bring your own cooler onto the beach at the Boatyard.

Having said that. If you go through the front door, pay the entrance fee, it's doubtful that you would want to or be allowed it (although I can't be sure of that). You will pay an entrance fee, and get tokens in return for purchases of food and drinks. This may or may not cover your costs depending on how much you eat or drink.

We where there a few Sundays back and 2 adults costs 10.00usd. The cost of a meal was about that or more. I think the regular price is a bit higher.. not sure. They have a website but not sure if it has the entrance fee on it.

The fee also covers the use of the chairs/umbrellas and water toys like trampoline, iceburg and rope swing.

If you just want to take a cooler and go to the beach, have a taxi take you buy a shop.. buy ice and beer and have them take you to a small area just beyond the Boatyard (right next to a place called Lobsters Alive) You can then walk down to the BoatYard beach, but you can't use their chairs etc.

Enjoy.

The beaches are public in Barbados, so yes you can bring your own cooler onto the beach at the Boatyard.

Having said that. If you go through the front door, pay the entrance fee, it's doubtful that you would want to or be allowed it (although I can't be sure of that). You will pay an entrance fee, and get tokens in return for purchases of food and drinks. This may or may not cover your costs depending on how much you eat or drink.

We where there a few Sundays back and 2 adults costs 10.00usd. The cost of a meal was about that or more. I think the regular price is a bit higher.. not sure. They have a website but not sure if it has the entrance fee on it.

The fee also covers the use of the chairs/umbrellas and water toys like trampoline, iceburg and rope swing.

If you just want to take a cooler and go to the beach, have a taxi take you buy a shop.. buy ice and beer and have them take you to a small area just beyond the Boatyard (right next to a place called Lobsters Alive) You can then walk down to the BoatYard beach, but you can't use their chairs etc.

Enjoy.

Great Information.... :) One other thing is there lots of umbrellas??

The Main reason we now want to stay close to the Boatyard is we will be going Snorkeling out of there in the afternoon.

Thanks for the Info.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm concerned about the Shade, Is there enough Umbrellas ?? Of is there other shade, we will be there around 1:30 Pm and need to stay cool.

Does anyone know if there is enough SHADE at the Boat Yard???

Yes, there's plenty of umbrellas! And, remember, check whether the prices are Bajan or USD. Bajan was twice USD when we were there, so the prices on Lobster Alive's menu on the Boatyard beach looked high, until we halved them to get to USD.

Yes, there's plenty of umbrellas! And, remember, check whether the prices are Bajan or USD. Bajan was twice USD when we were there, so the prices on Lobster Alive's menu on the Boatyard beach looked high, until we halved them to get to USD.

Thanks for the Tips.... sounds like fun...

Archived