Island Marketing Ltd

ntshop

Have used them in the past. I would use them again. What specifically are you wanting to know?

Was looking into their Caye Goff, & snorkle tour, (I believe its same as Bannister island & snorkle), they are priced a bit less than some others, at least that's what i tought. How is the quality? Are they on time to pick you up & drop off? How ar the tour guides?

Thanks for all the replies.

PeterPan - We have not decided. What I do know is that most of the group does not want to do the ziplines or cavetubing. The Altun Ha and City tour might end of being the choice by most in Belize. The same group also have tours in Roatan which another port we are visiting. Any suggestions are appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Used Island Marketing for a trip to Lamanai and had a fabulous time on February 6. Our tour was on a very nice bus with only 20 people and our driver Bull and guide EZ were great. The food at lunch was a high point and we were back on ship in plenty of time. The site is very primitive but great, not easy for the unfit. A highlight was the howler monkeys!! Highly recommend!

We used them twice last week. Did the Zip line in Roatan and Dune buggy tour in Cozumel.

Both tour were great, especially the dune buggy. We were the only ones on the tour and our guide, Santiago, was outstanding. Provided beer, pop and water throughout the day(I was not driving). Had a really good lunch that was included after the tour. I recommend them highly.

I'm considering doing the Goff's Cay snorkel tour, but I'm worried about getting into the port early enough to make the taxi w/out priority tendering. If the ship arrives at 8, when will they leave and are there multiple trips?

I used Island Marketing in 2006 for Cozumel. I was worried because it was so inexpensive for an all-inclusive day pass compared to other companies. I was pleasantly surprised that everything went great. So my last cruise to Cozumel, Belize, Honduras and Cayman, we used them for all 4 excursions. All-inclusive in Cozumel was again great. Belize tour to Lamanai was the BEST...go if you have a chance. Pickup was easy as they gave instructions on where to find the tour guide. The tour guide, EZ, was fun and knowledgable. The bus ride to the river was informative. The boat ride up the river was so exciting. The walk through the rainforest ruins was only beaten by the lunch provided by the boat driver's wife! The tour guide in Honduras was equally fun and knowledgable. We were too tired by the morning of the Caymans and decided to phone to cancel the stingray and snorkel excursion knowing they would still charge us for giving no notice at all. They thanked us for calling and refunded the entire cost without us asking for it. And then I actually asked the tour guide who I had just canceled on for help. I had discovered I left my driver's license back in Cozumel at the all-inclusive. I couldn't get ahold of anyone at the resort who could help, but the tour guide relayed my info to Island Marketing who went right to work getting my license back to me.

So I can recommend Island Marketing without reservation. They were less expensive than any other option I found, and so professional and helpful, and hire great guides. Go to Lamanai in Belize with Island Marketing if you have a chance. Easily the best and most exciting tour.

We have used them twice and the only time I was a little annoyed was that we had to take a taxi to get to the pick up location (we also had to wait awhile for a no-show couple) and then they went right past our port so I felt that they should have been able to pick us up nearer to the port so we did not have the expense of a taxi.

Otherwise I would use them again.

• 2 weeks later...

We were sailing on the Carnival Liberty and arrived in Belize on Feb 26, 2013. We were one of very few boats docking and we had booked the Lamanai tour in advance with Belize Cruise Excursions/Island Marketing. We were sailing on the Carnival Liberty and arrived in Belize on Feb 26, 2013. We were one of the first to arrive to meet the guide but everyone else arrived within about 10-15 minutes. As soon as I paid for my wife and I, the cashier volunteered, "I THINK you'll have enough time for this tour." What the heck was that supposed to mean???? And to say that AFTER she had taken our money!! They then kept us in a holding area for an hour.

There is already a lot of time pressure with the Lamanai tour because of the distance. When I asked them what was causing the 1 hour delay, they replied that they were awaiting the land transportation but could not explain why this was not arranged in advance, nor what was causing the delay, nor why they were delayed. Their attitude was very much one of "tough luck, too bad." There were 3 groups of about 15 people from our ship going to Lamanai and we all had to wait for the 3 separate vehicles. When our group got on the boat part of the tour, the motor broke down and we were delayed another 10-15 minutes in getting to the site. I would highly recommend Lamanai but I would never again use Belize Cruise Excursions/Island Marketing.

I'm considering doing the Goff's Cay snorkel tour, but I'm worried about getting into the port early enough to make the taxi w/out priority tendering. If the ship arrives at 8, when will they leave and are there multiple trips?

Did you end up booking this tour. I noticed on their website that you designate what ship you are arriving on so I'm guessing they know how to schedule their tours? I may call them and ask.

Did you end up booking this tour. I noticed on their website that you designate what ship you are arriving on so I'm guessing they know how to schedule their tours? I may call them and ask.

I just came back and did this tour last week. (Goff's Caye with Islnd Mkt). I will not be doing that again. I am not sure if it was just a bad week. We had to wait in line at the pier to pay for about 30 to 40 minutes. It was a cluster .... to get that taken care of.

The snorkeling was not that good. They had us with about 24 people on a boat, which they split into 3 groups with a guide each. Then they had these groups swimming all over each other.

The snorkeling was much better on the NCL ship excursion, as they let you snorkel on your own at the reef. Ship was about twice the price though.

Next time I might just skip the snorkel in Belize, as Roatan at West Bay Beach has excellent snorkeling from the beach. That is a don't miss. Just snorkel on the end near the rock wall and out from there where it drops off.

Archived